• Register
  • Help

Topic: Patch Changes With GPO In SONAR/Overture

Share/Bookmark

Question Patch Changes With GPO In SONAR/Overture

Is it possible to do instrument changes in SONAR and Overture while using GPO. Back in my soundfont days I frequently switched between French Horn mf and French Horn ff. I'd like to be able to do the same thing using GPO if it's possible.

Re: Patch Changes With GPO In SONAR/Overture

Danny,

Patch changes are easily done in Overture SE (the one included with GPO.) If you don't need it immediately, I'll try to whip up something tonight explaining how this is done.

If you don't want to wait...

Load two patches in the same instance of the Kontakt Player in GPO Studio (midi channels one and two.)

Next, in your part, slap down an expression.

Next, open the expression editor by double clicking on the expression.

Down near the bottom of the editor, you will see an Instrument dialog.

Using the dropdown, change playback from the one channel to the one you want to change to. They are labled as slots. GPO Player 1 Slot 1 = Midi Channel 1 and GPO Player 1 Slot 2 = Midi Channel 2, and so on and so forth.

I've always meant to create a tutorial for this, just never got around to it and the process may be changing in the future.

Re: Patch Changes With GPO In SONAR/Overture

Quote Originally Posted by danny7
    Is it possible to do instrument changes in SONAR
    The SONAR solution is similar to the one Joseph described for Overture.

1. Set the SONAR output channel on the horn track to "None". This will cause the channel that is assigned to each note to determine which GPO voice will sound.
    2. Load the two patches in GPO as Joseph described above--e.g., channels 1 and 2.
    3. Assign the mf notes in SONAR to channel 1, the ff notes to channel 2. This can be done note-by-note in either the staff or piano roll view, or by selecting the appropriate notes and using "Process | Interpolate" to assign the channels to the selected notes.

You can also use this approach for writing divisi on a single track in SONAR by assigning each voice to a separate channel.
    Bill

Talking Re: Patch Changes With GPO In SONAR/Overture

Thanks, guys. I'll try those ideas out this afternoon.

Go Back to forum