• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: NewBallad: Melody with Strings

Share/Bookmark

NewBallad: Melody with Strings

This piece is part of a larger work with the same theme. This first part is scored for Flute, Clarinet, French Horns, and Strings. The strings kind of act as a "pad" for the flute and clarinet which are scored an octave apart.

The second part will consist of a "Big Band" arrangement with a big brass section, sax section, percussion, a George Shearing impersonation, Latin treatment, etc. But this will have to wait until Gary's Big Band package is released.

http://www.cannonscores/NewBallad.mp3

Anyone care to dance?

John
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Re: NewBallad: Melody with Strings

Sorry. Try this one:

http://cannonscores/New Ballad.mp3

John
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hey, it's late, but I think I solved my problem. Try this with the .com and I think you will be able to hear some music.

http://cannonscores.com/NewBallad.mp3

Am I stupid or what?

John

John,

This is beautiful, smooth and romantic. Makes me want to dance with Mrs. G.

I can't wait for this to be finished with the Jazz/Big Band Collection.

Would you mind if I post this version on the GPO Demo page?

Thanks for sharing this,

Gary Garritan

This is lovely! I am very impressed. Nice chordal structures...smooth as silk.

It cries out for a quiet drummer playing brushes, in my not so humble opinion.

You have much talent. Keep up the good work.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    John,

This is beautiful, smooth and romantic. Makes me want to dance with Mrs. G.

I can't wait for this to be finished with the Jazz/Big Band Collection.

Would you mind if I post this version on the GPO Demo page?

Thanks for sharing this,

Gary Garritan
    I would be honored, Gary. If you think the mix has too much bass, I am posting another revised copy with less. Maybe I'm too critical, but I think I used too much reverb on the bass part as the orchestration calls for arco and pizz bass and the two can get in each other's way. Your call, and thanks Gary.

John

Must be the season of great demos . . . Very smooth! Nice work, I enjoyed it. As Gary said, the Jazz/Big Band Collection will sound great with this!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    This is lovely! I am very impressed. Nice chordal structures...smooth as silk.

It cries out for a quiet drummer playing brushes, in my not so humble opinion.

You have much talent. Keep up the good work.

Best regards,

Larry A.
    Hi Larry: I held the brushes, etc. for the next section as a trap set is not part of a symphony orchestra, but you are right, they would contribute immensely and would have been included if the piece had no following renditions.

Thanks for listening, Larry.

John

A revised, not so prominent bass, mix is now available at the same link (above).

John

John, nice arrangement!

You gotta love french horns

dpDan

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast