• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Vermor Castle" - where the evil dwells

Share/Bookmark

"Vermor Castle" - where the evil dwells

This is my second attempt with GPO. It's another tune for a game. It's a little weird, I know.
    (I hope to be making a little progress with the mixing)
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/jmmartinmusic.htm

Re: "Vermor Castle" - where the evil dwells

¡Hay un madrileño aquí!

Seriously, I don´t know how you can compose in Madrid. Every time I try, I just have the Metro Madrid theme song stuck in my head, since I hear it 10 times a day... I should just arrange it for orchestra to get it out of my system (I would if I didn´t dread it so much...)

Anyway, I liked the piece. It was different, but in a good way. I don´t have any insightful comments about the actual music. As far as the render of it goes, I felt like the brass could be stronger. Either more reverb, or layer it more (instead of having one instrument play the line, have the different players and overlays play it). Also, some of the short crescendos cut off very quickly; that might just be the reverb, otherwise I felt like a couple of them should have a bit more of a fade out. All in all, it´s a fun piece! Post more.

Quote Originally Posted by Error
    ¡Hay un madrileño aquí!

Seriously, I don´t know how you can compose in Madrid. Every time I try, I just have the Metro Madrid theme song stuck in my head, since I hear it 10 times a day... I should just arrange it for orchestra to get it out of my system (I would if I didn´t dread it so much...)

Anyway, I liked the piece. It was different, but in a good way. I don´t have any insightful comments about the actual music. As far as the render of it goes, I felt like the brass could be stronger. Either more reverb, or layer it more (instead of having one instrument play the line, have the different players and overlays play it). Also, some of the short crescendos cut off very quickly; that might just be the reverb, otherwise I felt like a couple of them should have a bit more of a fade out. All in all, it´s a fun piece! Post more.
    Vaya, vaya...

Thanks for your suggestions on mixing. Actually you were completely right about the brass, I turned their reverb off without noticing. I've updated the song with the reverb turned on, and other small changes in the mixing. Gracias

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolano
    This is my second attempt with GPO. It's another tune for a game. It's a little weird, I know.
    Weird, my left foot.

This is fine, dramatic writing, well executed.

Nice job on this!

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

This sounds great - it really conjures up what the title suggests - so dramitic.
    Well done and good luck with the game music.
    Rgds.
    Mike.

Coriolano, do you know of phillip feeney's ballet music, "dracula"? (available on naxos)...it's a wonderful work - the best "dracula"-themed music out there...some of your music is reminiscent of it, especially color wise...good stuff!

Hi Coriolano -

This is fantastic! I hope the game is completed because your music needs to be heard! And I'd love to hear it in the game. Is there a web link to the game so we can check it out?

Oh, and there's nothing at all weird about this music. It's bloody brilliant! I'm definitely adding this to my place list.

Thank you.

- Michael
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Go Back to forum