• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pro Tools On M-Audio But....?

Share/Bookmark

Pro Tools On M-Audio But....?

Hi all.
    I have notice that the digidesign's ProTools is now conpatible with some M-Audio cards.
    I check the cards list on maudio website but with my surprise i don't find my card. M-audio Firewire audiophile. there are audiphile 192, audiophile 2496, firewire 410 and 1814, but no my card.
    i think it's a very studpid thing to not include this card, also becouse M-audio firewire audiophile is more expensive to the audiphile 192 and 2496.
    i send a email to Maudio: non response yet
    give me your impressions and helps in case

Piernicola

Re: Pro Tools On M-Audio But....?

I was wondering if this would ever be discussed. My church is using Audacity to do commercials. I have a proposal for them that has MAudio Pro Tools on it.

The issues are clear: currently you only have a choice of a PCI card or 1 other interface for the host computer.

Also, I'm not too sure how upgradeable it is. I don't know if you could get the DV tools for it like 001/002. So it seems like more marekting and another entry level way to get pro tools but not an overall robust solution for PRO applications.
    Maybe AVID said, 'Lets get into the audio interface game.'

But I was extremely excited to see Pro Tools running on something OTHER than $1000+ 002. I was wonder if the Mbox is better?

Sincerely,

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by korgsp200
    m audio 2496 is one of the best audio interface on planet earth...

i dont thing youll find it much expensive... say youll get it for 200 $

you can buy the m audio protools...

if and only if you are willing to work on a very high resolutiion..

if you are a pc based musician...it is not worth down sampling compared to a mac user... in mac down sampling is much better when compared to pc.. eg bias peak..
    First off, you can get a 2496 these days for as little as $99.

Secondly, what do you mean about only using the m-audio protools if you are willing to work on a very high resolution. Is there some functionality that is missing from the m-audio protools that is there in the normal protools?

Interesting: M-Audio has extended Pro Tools support!

m-audio.com:

Pro Tools M-Powered software now supports M-Audio’s FireWire Solo, FireWire Audiophile, Delta 1010, Delta 1010LT, Delta 44, and Delta 66 in addition to the previously supported FireWire 1814, FireWire 410, Ozonic, Audiophile 2496, and Audiophile 192. The addition of these new products means that M-Audio’s complete FireWire audio interface and Delta PCI card lines are now compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered.

THANKS TO ALL.
    FINALY MY CARD IS COMPATIBLE. tHANKS TOMMY.

Piernick

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Interesting: M-Audio has extended Pro Tools support!

Pro Tools M-Powered software now supports M-Audio’s FireWire Solo, FireWire Audiophile, Delta 1010, Delta 1010LT, Delta 44, and Delta 66 in addition to the previously supported FireWire 1814, FireWire 410, Ozonic, Audiophile 2496, and Audiophile 192. The addition of these new products means that M-Audio’s complete FireWire audio interface and Delta PCI card lines are now compatible with Pro Tools M-Powered.
    FINALLY!!

Sincerely,

Jonathan

Go Back to forum