• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2 - program change in instrument bank

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 - program change in instrument bank

Kontakt 2 - program change in instrument bank...
    Regarding sending midi messeages to make program changes in an instrument bank....Those of you who've done this already, will you share the secret? I've tried numerous versions of program change only, bank change/program change, etc. with no luck. Thanks in advance for any help!

Re: Kontakt 2 - program change in instrument bank

Hi,

It seem to be a bug -already reported to NI- regarding program changes in kontakt 2 banks. Not fixed with the 2.1 update.

I run K2 with sibelius as a sequencer with no problems, besides this bank/program bug.

Midi program changes whitin banks only work when the bank's MIDI is set to port A Omni, or set to port A channel 1. Not workling on any other channel nor port (B, C or D). Is there any update on the NI site, already? Any other idea?

mars

I can only get it to work in the situation that mars described.

However the only thing I htink I have that can send program changes in an oxygen8, and that only can xmit on channel 1, so I can't test other channels.

Hi again,

Someone told that this new Kontakt 2.0.2 update fixes this bank problem, so you can use program changes with any midi port and channel. Is that right?

Anyway, also I've heard a lot of new bugs concerning this new update, so I don't know it it's really a good idea to install it.... so soon. Can anybody tell?

mars

Quote Originally Posted by mars
    Hi again,

Someone told that this new Kontakt 2.0.2 update fixes this bank problem, so you can use program changes with any midi port and channel. Is that right?

Anyway, also I've heard a lot of new bugs concerning this new update, so I don't know it it's really a good idea to install it.... so soon. Can anybody tell?

mars
    Its suppose too.. Ive only tried changing programs within 1 bank and its been fine (on Port 1)..havent run into any other bugs so far and the things that were buggy before that i notice are now fixed so Ive bee happy so far.. But I`m sure some bugs may be sequencer sensitive as well, like Freezing K2 in Samp. 8 you now need to enable the bounce button...Rich

Just updated to 2.0.2.007 -- seems to fix program changes bleeding over from one midi channel into others. Now can add an 'instrument bank' ("load/save : New instrument bank") on one slot and a different instrument bank on another slot, and give each a different midi port/channel, and select a particular instrument from one without affecting the other.

[edit] a few hours later ... but the cpu reading went very high after loading a few banks ... a few crashes went by ... all is not too well, actually. Reminds me of the early days of gigastudio 3 . [/edit]

I haven't installed that update already... I am composing with a deadline, i'm scared. I will install it after.

gugliel, did you finally recover from crashes? went finally well?

thanks!

mars

update -- the program change works fine, but never got past the heavy cpu utilization -- so I've been working with reasonable stability with one set of program banks, plus several plain instruments and a few keyswitches. Not doing much experimentation, however, to track down more details.

Go Back to forum