• Register
  • Help

Topic: My first GPO Comp

Share/Bookmark

Red face Film style battle GPO Track

Hi guys

My names Chris Haigh I've just recently bought GPO and just finished my first composition with it. I would really love ur comments good or bad please. but remember it's my first time so be gentle.

hope the link works forgive me if it doesn't, if not u can hear it on the thread Gary posted.

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/TheBattleOfFearndDoubt.mp3
    Thanks U guys

P.S It takes a while to load but stick with it

P.P.S Gary has already put the link up on another post, I just wanted U guys to know it was my first go and I would really like comments. Thanks

Re: My first GPO Comp

Hi Chris;

I had a listen. Very good first piece. Nice percussion writing. Maybe go over the reverb a bit, the strings sound a tad dry and the percussion is a bit wet.

Nice segue into the largo, covered the seam well; English horn always a hit with me; I'd look at the sus.cymb. roll 1'52, I feel it's too early by 2 bars. Orchestral toms good, flams very nice, are you a percussionist too? 2'18 we're accelerando into the second quick section; the seam is covered again, nice work. I wouldn't stick with the staccato short bow throughout, maybe look at some legato bowing to break it up a bit. Waltz time or 6/8, very nice - Hans Zimmer would be proud (see The Gladiator Walz), anvils, the stock-in-trade of dramatic film score, nicely done.

Howard Shore eat your heart out. Between you and Moviemaestro, I've got some work to do to catch up in this genre.

-John

Man, this is good stuff, especially for your first GPO piece. Nice Eng. horn and flute writing. I look forward to more.

Thanks for the comments guys I really appreciate the feed back

Quote Originally Posted by John Hawksley
    Hi Chris;

Orchestral toms good, flams very nice, are you a percussionist too?

-John
    Yes I'am well try to be. My first instrument is the drum kit but I love all kinds of percussion instruments

Regards Chris

Go Back to forum