Hi, I'm ready to take the Gigastudio plunge and have been reading many forums to prepare. I've decided to run GS3 on a separate computer from my DAW.
This is where the new territory is for me. I've built single machines before but I've not found any basic info on what goes where and how, when setting up a separate PC GS3.
What I want to do.... use Cakewalk or Sonar on my main DAW PC and use the separate PC to handle GS3... I'm mainly a midi guy but will occasionally will have live music to record. My DAW computer is using AMD 3200 on a ASUS A7N8X w/ 1gig RAM but I haven't bought any other sound related components or built the second system yet.......
So here are the newbie questions that need clarification about signal/info path layout....
- Do I need 2 sound cards? If not which PC gets it?
- The midi controller (keyboard) connects to the DAW PC? yes?
- I use my LAN to send data to GS3 PC ?
- How does it get back to the DAW?
- What equipment will I need to accomplish all this back and forth communication???
As you can see I'm a bit frustrated. Basically I just need someone to trace the paths that the data/music will travel and what equipment is needed on which machine to go from KEYBOARD > DAW > GS3 > DAW > OUTPUT.
Once I understand the what/where/why I'll be fine.
I really appreciate your help.