• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lyrical Distortion: Two new demos

Share/Bookmark

Lyrical Distortion: Two new demos

Hey everyone! I've been playing with the new multi-patches just released for Lyrical Distortion and thought I'd share. They REALLY make a great library even easier to work with.

The first one is named "Darth Tater Boogie" in honor of the new marketing ploys for that movie coming out in two weeks. I wanted to work with LD in a mix with other instruments more than I had previously. This is basically my homage/rip-off of the Dixie Dregs. It's still a little bit warty but I thought I'd post it anyway since I may not have time to work with it much more in the near future.
    This uses only three multis in Kontakt: open and mutes for the chords, the same for the single note rhythm stuff and another for the lead stuff. No extra fancy programming at all.

Darth Tater Boogie

The second piece is really just a goof. I wanted to do something heavy, you know, like the kids listen to. LD does this REALLY WELL. Also, I wanted to mess with the new lead patch so after the Megadeth stuff it goes into an Alan Holdsworth lead for no reason at all. LD also does this REALLY WELL.
    This is only two patches- one for the chords, all playing in one pass, and one lead.

Now It's Dark

Hope you enjoy. Lyrical Distortion does not cease to amaze me with what it does, and at an incredible price as well! Thank you, everyone at BellaD!!

Re: Lyrical Distortion: Two new demos

Very cool,

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    This is basically my homage/rip-off of the Dixie Dregs. It's still a little bit warty but I thought I'd post it anyway since I may not have time to work with it much more in the near future. !
    Yup the keyboard, guitar, and violin like give me that mood. I remember 'greasy fried chicken'

Sincerely

jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    Also, I wanted to mess with the new lead patch so after the Megadeth stuff it goes into an Alan Holdsworth lead for no reason at all.
    Who needs a reason?! Awesome Fred! I am so glad that you are finding the patches usefull! ...And can't help but dance to Darth Tater!

Great work bud!
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Fred i love Darth Tater Boogie man ! Even the first versions were kick-starts.....Such a great composition , the leads all rock and the sound/production is just purrrfect. Thumbs up!

Now it's dark has a more "Yellow" tone in the production but still very heavy and nice , that legatoey lead makes a nice contrast in the middle.

Excellent work, now the only thing i await, is to hear the final Return of the Lerxt
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by Theodor
    Excellent work, now the only thing i await, is to hear the final Return of the Lerxt
    That's it! Put the pressure on me...LOL!!
    After you guys and your amazing work, I can't post that.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Thumbs up Re: Lyrical Distortion: Two new demos

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    That's it! Put the pressure on me...LOL!!
    After you guys and your amazing work, I can't post that.
    With all honesty Brian , i personally think it's an excellent composition and you should post it ! I've thought so many times about how good the song is -> it would be a shame not to be heard .

Check your PM's with some of my thoughts on it mate -> I really hope they help in some way
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Really great demo
    The mutes are nice and heavy in "Now its Dark".
    And also love the Solo Part

Also about the composition , I like the Synth lead in the First demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodor
    With all honesty Brian , i personally think it's an excellent composition and you should post it ! I've thought so many times about how good the song is -> it would be a shame not to be heard .
    I completely agree- it was shaping up to be VERY cool I thought.

Go Back to forum