• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: yellow tools candy?

Share/Bookmark

yellow tools candy?

YT is actually trying to sell "Candy" with no audio demos available???

It's shipping and you still can't hear what it sounds like???

Now that's confidence.

WTF

giga...

Re: yellow tools candy?

Yeah,

Between spending 3 years after the initial product announcement to actually release it, and by not having demos available this long after its release, it seems that they are doing everything they can to sabotage the product.

Ben H

Yellow tools is a shame. Im still waiting after two months an answer of their support. Just no reply.

In my opinion, keep away from their products.

Hey there's another thread with this and a few of us have already commented on the NEW demos

Jonathan

After all this time - dongles - and, the sound sux...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

I was listening to the demos and I heard some synth come in. I couldn't figure out where the sax was until I closed it and realised that synth thing was Candy.

Rav, we always reply to any support inquiries immediately (normally within 24 hours), so I can't believe that you did not get a response. Please contact our support again and tell us your problem, we gladly help.

Generally you can't compare Candy with LS - this is something completely different! LS contains live played phrases, Candy offers multi sampled instruments. Sure a live played phrase sounds always great, the same with a live sax player in your recording studio, but it also has it limitations. So with LS you can use what they offer, "draw" and customize the phrases, with Candy you can play the sax at will. As this general concept of these products is completely different it always counts on what you want to do...
    Both instruments have their advantages and disadvantages, but isn't is cool for all users to have both options?
    You can compare this situation with graphic artists: Some use cliparts for their illustrations (customize them or not) and others do everything on their own - not one is better or worth.
    Compare Candy with other multi sampled sax libraries on the market and you'll recognize that if you want to perform a sax with the keyboard, Candy offers by far the most authentic and realistic results.
    Best

Christian

I don't think the demos really revealed what Candy can do. It's as if YT was trying to show as many of their products as they could and the saxes were an afterthought. I thight the soprano sounded synthy in some passages and very good in others. I would definitely need to hear better demos before buying.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow tools
    So with LS you can use what they offer, "draw" and customize the phrases, with Candy you can play the sax at will. As this general concept of these products is completely different it always counts on what you want to do...
    Both instruments have their advantages and disadvantages, but isn't is cool for all users to have both options?
    You can compare this situation with graphic artists: Some use cliparts for their illustrations (customize them or not) and others do everything on their own - not one is better or worth.
    Compare Candy with other multi sampled sax libraries on the market and you'll recognize that if you want to perform a sax with the keyboard, Candy offers by far the most authentic and realistic results.
    Best

Christian
    I, for one, believe that instrumnets like Candy are far more suited to the way I compose than LS. It's like manipulating loops. Christian's analogy to clip art is pretty accurate. I want real time interaction with my instruments, not cut n' paste.

Darren

Darren,

I agree, but wish Candy's results were more realistic. But I'm keeping an open mind until I hear more demos...

Keep 'em coming Christian!

Go Back to forum