• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Spectrasonics - Setting the tutorial standard!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Spectrasonics - Setting the tutorial standard!

I know that headline may be a bit ego inducing But in this case it is well deserved. I just picked up RMX This past weekend, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the most complete and detailed video tutorials I've ever seen for any one product. On top of that, apparently there are more on the website. This is how every developer should do it! As for RMX itself, as I know you've heard many times, it is the best money I've ever spent on an instrument, and I am just blown away! I have spent two days just going through all the sounds, and digging into the program and I am hooked. Having said that, I have just one major problem after watching the videos.....I have become very jealous of that VERY nice Spectrasonics studio you demoed the product in! Do you have any pics of the studio you'd be willing to post here? I'm sure many of us would be interested in seeing that.

On a side note, I bet alot of composers would LOVE to see a Cinematic/score expander for RMX!

Just my 2 cents,
    Thanks for an incredible product!
    Liam
    "The biggest risk of all , is never taking a risk"

Re: Spectrasonics - Setting the tutorial standard!

While I agree with your evaluation of RMX at large, and the videos are helpful, I'd still prefer a comprehensive manual (PDF with linked indeces would be nice.)
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Echo.
    I was delighted when I saw the tutorial disc. Had lurked here long enough to know I couldn't wait to buy a product from you guys. Everything you do here is so appreciated. And the tutorial disc was just more of that thoughtful approach. Sat and watched them all before I even installed actually.
    Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    While I agree with your evaluation of RMX at large, and the videos are helpful, I'd still prefer a comprehensive manual (PDF with linked indeces would be nice.)
    I heartily second the soundsmith.

And if I remember correctly, S-sonics has promised to publish a conventional
    manual, hope it will be soon. The "multimedia approach" (video + manual)
    would be ideal.

Harry

It's coming....

spectrum

The video tutorials are fantastic, and really appreciated!

Since I upgraded to Tiger(which includes Quicktime 7), the audio no longer plays my RMX Tutorials, but works fine on most other .mov files. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a codec I need to download? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Just when I was ready to dig in and learn the deeper features....

The video tutorials are the best start-up tootorial I have ever used.

But for instant reference -- a complete manual (not help based) at hand keeps me going through system/computer rough spots that have little to do with music and more with process of getting there........even a PDF print-out or cheat sheet.

Now -- about bugs (you know in MS lingo called "undocumtented features")
    when, on occassion these features turn out well -- getting the word out should be a function of these boards -- something rarely seen, except by Spectrasonics and Garritan.

The vid tutorials are indeed great.

I was guilty of not realising that they were as detailed as they are, and therefore found myself stumbling over a few basics...Until Eric kindly took the time to guide me through some of it and redirect me to the vids.

For a VSTi in the style of RMX - i may be proven wrong again - but it doesn't strike me as the kind of thing that really requires much more than the vids (?)
    B
    http://www.marktschanz.com

Really nice product and really nice tutorial.

I second the cinematic/score expander. I´d really like to see it.

All the best.

P.d: Eric keep working like that. Really nice instruments and really nice support.

Quote Originally Posted by chmara
    But for instant reference -- a complete manual (not help based) at hand keeps me going through system/computer rough spots that have little to do with music and more with process of getting there........evenb a PDF print-out or cheat sheet.
    It's coming.....

It's Help based, but you can also print it out too.

You'll dig it...quite slick and a great companion to the video tutorials.

spectrum

Go Back to forum