• Register
  • Help

Topic: Possibly Strange request

Share/Bookmark

Possibly Strange request

Hey, guys,
    My name's Michael Mitchell, and i've been composing for about 4 years now. i've learned piano, and guitar self taught, and I started using MIDI as a way to copy down song ideas.

Recently, i've started studying orchestral composition on my own (Yes, I know. You can pat me on the back anytime now. . .no? Well, geez. . .lol)

Anyways, i've stumbled across Garritan orchestra, and was very impressed with the sound quality of the orchestral instruments.

I don't know if it's against the rules to ask this, but I have a MIDI file i'd like to hear rendered with Garritan, as a "personal demo", of sorts. It won't be used commercially in any way.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Michael

P.S I don't know if this is the right part of the forum to ask in, so forgive me.

Smile Re: Possibly Strange request

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus
    Hey, guys,
    My name's Michael Mitchell, and i've been composing for about 4 years now. i've learned piano, and guitar self taught, and I started using MIDI as a way to copy down song ideas.

Recently, i've started studying orchestral composition on my own (Yes, I know. You can pat me on the back anytime now. . .no? Well, geez. . .lol)

Anyways, i've stumbled across Garritan orchestra, and was very impressed with the sound quality of the orchestral instruments.

I don't know if it's against the rules to ask this, but I have a MIDI file i'd like to hear rendered with Garritan, as a "personal demo", of sorts. It won't be used commercially in any way.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Michael

P.S I don't know if this is the right part of the forum to ask in, so forgive me.
    Hi Michael,
    welcome to the forum.
    Unfortunately, I don't have the answer for your question, but if it was possible, I could see at your midi and then decide what to do. It is about one year that I know and I have purchased GPO, so my level is not so good, but if your piece is not particulary difficult, I could make it.
    But now you have to wait for answer from the high.
    I don't have the answer.
    Best of luck and...
    who's know...
    best, Roberto

P.S.
    This is the kind of music I prefer to score with GPO, and of course the best I can do:
    2005-03-04

Re: Possibly Strange request

I listend to the MP3 you posted, and I think it sounds very nice.

This might sound strange, but I uploaded my MIDI to an FTP, but when I try to post the link on this message board, it says "You have posted one or more URLs. Remove them before posting."

I can e-mail the link to you if you want?

Re: Possibly Strange request

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus
    I listend to the MP3 you posted, and I think it sounds very nice.

This might sound strange, but I uploaded my MIDI to an FTP, but when I try to post the link on this message board, it says "You have posted one or more URLs. Remove them before posting."

I can e-mail the link to you if you want?
    Amadeus, what style of music is it which you want GPO-ing? I may be able to have a go if I have time and it's not too long a piece.

Regards,
    Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Go Back to forum