• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Wolf Song

Wolf Song

Hi Everyone,

Some of you might recall that Joani (my wife) and I recorded Peter and the Wolf with Joani doing the Narration for this time-honored children's classic by Serge Prokoffiev.

In this musical tale, the wolf comes off as the bad guy. However it is too often we humans who have done wrong to these creatures. To counter the bad-guy image of the wolf we have recorded a little music called Wolf Song that will be presented along with Peter and the Wolf.

Joani did the narration and I wrote the music. It is divided into 2 parts, "Winter in the Forest," and "The Wolf Comes Back," with a connecting section with some guest soloists. Bela D, You really need to sample these guys. What an addition to Diva. All is GPO except our honored guests. In particular I like GPO’s wind machine to give the forest a little atmosphere.

Wolf Song

Thanks for listening.

P.S. Here is a link to Peter and the Wolf, If anyone wants to revisit it.

Re: Wolf Song

A very well done mix, it was fun listening to it! I especially liked those guest soloists! This is a nice addition to the Peter and the Wolf musical, thanks for sharing.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thank you Sean, This has indeed been a fun project to do.

Thumbs up Re: Wolf Song

Hello there Karl,
    how are you?
    Beautiful score you have done!!!
    I enjoy it very much.
    Those guest soloists sing really fine!!!
    Best of all,

Yes Karl another fine addition. It's nice to see work that can accompany soloists! Something my wife and I want to do eventually once I get accustomed to GPO. i don't know if you remember me posting about that possibnilty a couple of months back before I purchased GPO. Thanks to your suggestions and confident replies, We purchased GPo and have loved delving into it for use on our website.

Did you get a chance to listen to my first piece using GPO? www.thesingingkettle.com/Music/demo.mp3 Its a sample of what I've been working on. Let me know what you think.

Karl, I know I already told you this, but I again want to tell you what a beautiful job you have done!

Wilton, NH

Very nice. I like your guest solists. I hope they got along well with the members of your orchestra.

So, what's the next project?
    Trent P. McDonald

Excellent stuff and great use of GPO. My only comment was that on my computer, Joani was overshadowed by the orchestra. Are you trying to steal the show Karl?

Great piece, Karl......

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Very nice work! I love the beginning half the best. Dark and atmospheric is just the way I like it. The oboe and E-horn solos were beautiful. It really added a sympathy to the piece that I really liked. Joani's narration was both appropriate and informative. Congratulations on making some wonderful musical choices.

Houston, TX

this was a lot of fun to listen to...i love music with narration...this was done very well, especially the winter setting

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast