• Register
  • Help

Topic: MIDI problems with Finale2005

Share/Bookmark

Question MIDI problems with Finale2005

When trying to choose MIDI outputs in Finale 2005 MIDI setup-menu there is no alternative findable like GPO1 or GPO2. So I can't choose GPO as an outputdevice. What's the problem? It worked well last time I had time to do music in January, now it has vanished from the output alternatives.

Re: MIDI problems with Finale2005

Quote Originally Posted by Basquette
    When trying to choose MIDI outputs in Finale 2005 MIDI setup-menu there is no alternative findable like GPO1 or GPO2. So I can't choose GPO as an outputdevice. What's the problem? It worked well last time I had time to do music in January, now it has vanished from the output alternatives.

Make sure you have GPO Studio installed and launch it before starting Finale.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Make sure you have GPO Studio installed and launch it before starting Finale.

JT
    I've installed GPO, it works well without Finale. I also launched it before Finale, I installed my orchestra setup in GPO, too. Yet no GPO available in MIDI setup at Finale.

Basquette

Basquette,

GPO Studio is a separate application than GPO standalone. Make sure you have the latest version of GPO Studio installed (I think it's v1.2). It's available for download at garritan.com. There is no need to launch the standalone version of GPO when using Finale. Just use GPO Studio.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Basquette,

GPO Studio is a separate application than GPO standalone. Make sure you have the latest version of GPO Studio installed (I think it's v1.2). It's available for download at garritan.com. There is no need to launch the standalone version of GPO when using Finale. Just use GPO Studio.

Jeff
    Sorry, I've not been exact. I've been all the time using GPO Studio as is supposed to. I've got version 1.2.
    When I launch GPO Studio, after that Finale 2005 default doc, I don't get a possibility to choose GPO Studio in the MIDI setup menu. It used to work in January, not any more. That is the odd thing in it.

Basquette

Solved this. I had to load GPO studio once again. The MIDI driver had dissappeared somehow. That's what caused the problem

Basquette

Go Back to forum