• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: YellowTools Candy: Sax demos

Share/Bookmark

YellowTools Candy: Sax demos

YellowTools has put up some audio demos for their sampled sax product, Candy:

http://www.yellowtools.com/cp21/cms/index.php?id=332

Though I'm typically a naysayer, I think there's some good promise in this! It all depends on what sort of controls are available to shape the performance: keyswitches, CCs, pedals, whatnot. I suppose we'll have to wait for the reviews to start rolling in...

EDIT: And I'm not quite sure why I always start these threads on the GPO board when they're on the general NSS forums too. Perhaps it's mainly to light a fire under the Garritan Big Band wheels!

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Re: YellowTools Candy: Sax demos

The Soprano Sax is really sweet. Very interesting. At $400, I think I'll wait to see what Gary brings out with the big band.

Karl

whew, it's about time, they've been promising those demos for months.

I'm curious to hear more about the programming--the demos don't show off a lot of variety, and while they sound quite good, they don't sound as extremely realistic as I've been anticipating--perhaps more demos will show them off better. $400 is a bit much, especially considering you need to use a USB dongle, which I find annoying.

I'm a sax player myself so its seems silly to pay so much for a sample library when I can just record myself. I have an alto and a tenor, and I could BUY a cheap soprano sax for the cost of the library.

I think I'll wait for the Garritan Big Band--might not be as sax-intensive, but there will be more there for the money, and I trust Garritan libraries, and like they way they are controlled.

Any news on the Garritan Big Band demos? Can we hear the demos from MusikMesse?

chris.

I have only been in this midi stuff now for a little over a year, and I have to say, it is now obvious to me that just about anyone can make samples, but placing them in a player/sampler with ALL the right tools to manipulate them into realistic sounds is what it is all about.

I trust Gary's libraries too. Hey, if GPO can sound as good as it does with looped samples, imagine how killer the GPO Advanced library will be, and the big band, oooh ahhh! Can't wait! I too am dyin' over here for some saxes.

Can we get some more cute little smileys

Thanks Northern Sounds
    dpDan

I must be the only one rooting for CLASSICAL saxophones in GPO Advanced. Gary has given us a few hints as to what instruments are going to be inadvanced, some pretty obscure (Wagner Tubas), but no sign of sax-a-ma-phones yet. If there are no classical saxes I will be bummed. Especially since the addition of Euphoniums means that GPO-A only needs Saxes and Cornets to have all of the Symphonic Band Intrumentation.

...Then I guess it could be called Garritan's Personal Orchestra & Band!

I will dream on, but I have just about given up hope on classical saxes since all of the discussion has been regarding jazz saxes.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Jess,

There will be classical sax-a-ma-phones in GPO Advanced (and cornets and eub-o-phoniums too).

Gary Garritan

I'll buy my own sax for $400 bucks! I'm a waitin...
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Jess,

There will be classical sax-a-ma-phones in GPO Advanced (and cornets and eub-o-phoniums too).

Gary Garritan

I see you wish to have my money..... Now all I need to know is how much I need to add on my student loan to buy it!!!
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I'll buy my own sax for $400 bucks! I'm a waitin...
    I've been looking for a tenor for under $700 for years!

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Quote Originally Posted by Markleford
    I've been looking for a tenor for under $700 for years!

- m
    Although I've never played Tenor (I owned a 1927 Silver Conn Alto) My buddy just picked up a Selmer Tenor off ebay for $500 and he says it plays nice. Go figure ...
    Styxx

Go Back to forum