• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Concert Band, what about concert band???

Share/Bookmark

Cool Concert Band, what about concert band???

Well I know I don't post that much, but this is a question that I've been meaning to ask for a while. I know this has probrably been addressed before, but I believe that it is really important that saxophones be sampled into Garritan, simply because it's the only section missing to complete a military concert band. You ever thought about that anyone?
    -Christopher Reeves
    Pianist, Composer, Arranger

Re: Concert Band, what about concert band???

Hopefully GPO Advanced will have those elusive sax and baritone horn samples that will complete our concert band needs.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_Reeves
    Well I know I don't post that much, but this is a question that I've been meaning to ask for a while. I know this has probrably been addressed before, but I believe that it is really important that saxophones be sampled into Garritan, simply because it's the only section missing to complete a military concert band. You ever thought about that anyone?
    Christopher,

You wish is my command. In the Jazz Big Band library there are many saxophones.

And in GPO Advanced there will be classical saxophones.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    AHA!!
    You said it!!

So you were putting in classical saxophones WERE YA??!?
    Suspicious behavior..................

OK, I'll come clean:
    I am actually the developer of EWQLSO. I've been here undercover posting as a 14 year old sample enthiest excuse-of-a-composer child.
    So you admit to puttting in classical saxophones, huh?
    Let me relate a story to you.
    My libraries were on this forum for years and all of my customers were perfectly happy with what they got for the price. Then YOU came along. You changed everything. All of MY customers defected to YOUR section of the forum!! They realized what an excellent library you can get for the price of $250. They realized what good programing was really about.
    And now you have classical saxophones??!!!?!?!??! I realized that all of this nonsence was coming from our two forums being linked by the Northern Sound Source. Then I realized that the only way to stop losing customers was to make my own forum. One completely seperate from yours. Then my customers would be mine--ALL MINE!!!

Well, you've put me out of buisness for the very last time, GARRITAN!!
    I'VE GOT YOU NOW!!!!!

Book'em, boys!!

Sorry.
    I just had the strangest urge to post something completely silly and stupid. Sometimes I just can't help myself!

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    OK, I'll come clean:
    I am actually the developer of EWQLSO. I've been here undercover posting as a 14 year old sample enthiest excuse-of-a-composer child.
    So you admit to puttting in classical saxophones, huh?
    Well, you're about to run me out of buisness for the last time, GARY!! NOW I'VE GOT YOU!!!!!

Book'em, boys!!
    -Chris
    ROFLOL...beautiful Chris! ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Christopher,

You wish is my command. In the Jazz Big Band library there are many saxophones.

Gary Garritan
    What! No Classical Flexitone! That's it ... I quit! Here, you take the baton and wave it infront of his head maybe he'll listen to you!
    Styxx

Heh, too bad I was the only one that knew about that, hehehe.

I haven't even opened my copy of GPO and I'm going to buy GPO advanced! No question!!

Hey Gary... since GPO Advanced will have more/better instruments, does that mean the RAM requirements are going up too? Maybe I should bring my PC up to 2.5GB instead of 1.5GB!
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

Only if you are going to use more instruments at the same time. the way i see it, the size of an orchestra is not getting bigger, just more variety. I assume some will try their best Wagner imitation, but not me. For my Master's Degree this fall I imagine it will be mostly Chamber music. I must say I am excited about being able to write for Symphonic Band. It is quite a challenge to compose for this type of ensemble which has a GREAT potential for reward. Just compare the number of concert bands to the number of orchestras...
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Quote Originally Posted by jesshmusic
    I assume some will try their best Wagner imitation
    That's me!!

Go Back to forum