• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Advanced

Share/Bookmark

Advanced

In case no one has brought it up, a recorder would be a superb addition. I'd also like a pan flute, but that may be outside the scope. Classical guitar's been mentioned, but I thought I'd mention it again.

None of these are life and death additions...just ideas.

Thanks!

Talking Re: Advanced

Quote Originally Posted by imagegod
    In case no one has brought it up, a recorder would be a superb addition. I'd also like a pan flute, but that may be outside the scope. Classical guitar's been mentioned, but I thought I'd mention it again.

None of these are life and death additions...just ideas.

Thanks!
    Man, you said, "Pan" and immediately I thought of "Pan Pizza". You know, that personal size. Garritan Personal Pan Pizza!
    Styxx

Re: Advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Man, you said, "Pan" and immediately I thought of "Pan Pizza". You know, that personal size. Garritan Personal Pan Pizza!
    When I read "pan" I thought of teflon. Or tephlon? That black stuff that covers pans.

That pan flute really threw me off!

Good ideas, though.

I might as well chip in. I don't know if these are included or already mentioned or what: (in order of most important to me [but none of them are really THAT important to me)

Baritone horn/euphonium
    Cannons
    Flugelhorn
    Alto clarinet
    G soprano flute
    Alto trombone

That's about it. Like I said, these would be nice, but I really wouldn't care if they wern't included. I'm sold on the lib, so I'll probably buy it so long as you don't start removing instruments.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx

You are too fun Styxx!
    Anything to make me smile is a good thing.

God bless you!

dpDan

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    I might as well chip in. I don't know if these are included or already mentioned or what: (in order of most important to me [but none of them are really THAT important to me)

Baritone horn/euphonium
    Cannons
    Flugelhorn
    Alto clarinet
    G soprano flute
    Alto trombone
    Chris,

Most of these are included. But Cannons??
    We don't have those vlasted cannons in this library.

Maybe Francesco can sample one (he played his canon by ear ):

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Maybe Francesco can sample one (he played his canon by ear ):

You know, when Chris mentioned cannons, I was just thinking about that photograph . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

1812 Overture, anyone?
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMax
    1812 Overture, anyone?
    I prefer Pachelbel's Cannon
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Gary, YOU'RE TOO MUCH!!!!!

actually, I was thinking of the 1812 overture. I just got my SACD player and an SACD of the 1812 and other great stuff by Chycowsky. An SACD along with the best stereo system in the world put me right there in the concert hall. I would post a demo of the experience, but that's near impossible being that y'all can't possibly hear the exact same thing as me. My speakers are one-of-a-kind homebuilts! I'm so proud of that!

Anyway, I emailed Telarc and asked them if they sold a cd of their cannon recording sessions. I haven't got a response yet. I really like their canons. They really have some serious UMPH!! Same goes for their bass drums. They have a lot of the lower frequencies. Does anyone know if that's just a recording trick or if it's purely EQ? I really like their bass drums.

Talk about going OT!!

-Chris

Hi Gary,
    is it possible to get any technical details of the nature of Advanced at this time? Is it it going to be chromatically sampled? Will it be looped? If looped, how long will the loop points be?
    Apart from the astonishing array of new instruments that are going to be brought in, how in depth will the articulations for the 'basic' orchestral instruments be?
    And, most importantly to me, will it be available in gigastudio format?

Go Back to forum