• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fanfare!

Share/Bookmark

Fanfare!

EVer have that feeling of composers block? Well Last night I was sitting working on my new piece and drew a blank on where to go in the composition. So I started a new piece . . . More rythmic, less melodic - a change of pace from the other. Here's a little snippet of what I have so far. Let me know what you think so far. Always open to suggestions - that is if I can hear them over the roar of the wife's comments. (c;'
    Here's a link:
    http://www.thesingingkettle.com/Music/Fanfare.mp3

Re: Fanfare!

i like the prominence of the brass in the mix...this piece is begging for an intricate brass-only section, but i'm sure you're heading toward good things whatever you do...i'd like to hear the complete project...thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    i like the prominence of the brass in the mix...this piece is begging for an intricate brass-only section, but i'm sure you're heading toward good things whatever you do...i'd like to hear the complete project...thanks for sharing!

Yeah Josh. The brass in GPO are outstanding I think. I have plans to have more prodominant brass section later in the piece with short woodwind and string articulations.

Thanks for the feedback.

It's definitely not a bad start, but I look forward to more. It would be nice to hear the melody develop or go through different orchestrations. I would add just a bit more mod wheel data to the brass to make it more expressive as well. Definitely keep going with this!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum