• Register
  • Help

Topic: Microphone with Gigapulse?

Share/Bookmark

Microphone with Gigapulse?

I am having a new system built for Gigastudio 3 and Sonar 4. I will be using an RME HDSP 9632 soundcard with the optional XLR breakout cables. I will have a Shure SM58 mic and an inexpensive preamp (most likely a behringer mic100). I would like to know how to set up the system so that I can record my voice in gigastudio while using Gigapulse. Any suggestions for setup would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Microphone with Gigapulse?

I'm not at my system right now, but in the Systems Settings you can set your audio card inputs to go to an aux return. (A GSIF2 audio card is required.) Set up GigaPulse in that Aux channel. You can then do a Capture to Wave from the main panel, and Giga will record your processed audio card input to a *.wav file.

BTW, I've found that listening to my voice through GigaPulse in real time gives me a deeper insight into the nature of the Impulses (and the rest of the signal chain). It's fun!

-JF

Thanks Jon. I appreciate the input. What kind of interface do you have for your mic?

I've got an older Audio Technical dynamic mic into a Mackie 1402 VLZ Pro mixer feeding an Audiophile 192 soundcard.

-JF

Go Back to forum