• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga 3.04 will not complete startup.

Share/Bookmark

Giga 3.04 will not complete startup.

I am having trouble getting gigastudio 3.04 to start for me. I see the first window open like it is trying to start yet it will not complete even if I let it set there for 15 min. It does not lock up the computer I just have to end the application with the windows task manager.

I am running a P4 2.4Ghz with Windows XP home
    1GB of RAM and 2 harddrives
    Sonar 4.0 is the rewire device.

I have tried to start it as a rewire device in Sonar and I have tried to start it as a stand alone application with the same result. Any ideas what I might try. Thank you.

Re: Giga 3.04 will not complete startup.

the same thing happened to me when I first installed it. I uninstalled and re-installed and it worked. Try that, and make sure you back up your license!

Happy Giga-ing!

Belbin

Thanks belbin but I have tried that twice and it has proven unsuccesful in solving the problem. It is like it is looking for something or waiting on something that never happens.

This happend to me, the computer kept rebooting when I would try to run the program. I went into the bios and disabled Hyper Threading for my P4 chip and it started right up. After I downloaded the 3.04 update I could then restart the HT and things run great now.

Quote Originally Posted by hbhunt
    Thanks belbin but I have tried that twice and it has proven unsuccesful in solving the problem. It is like it is looking for something or waiting on something that never happens.
    You did a complete uninstall, delete any remaining program files(if any), reboot, and fresh install followed by installing update?

Things to try:
    Start / Programs / Tascam / GS CONFIGURATION MANAGER. Does this open?
    Check the hardware tab, try the troubleshooting tab/start up options / Enable all warnings /generate and view diagnostics. Play around in there.
    Try disabling rewire. See if the GSIF2 driver is listed.
    GS3 will not start if "Crypser.exe" is not running. Do a Cntrl/Alt/Delete and look for this in the list. It also won't start if "msg32.exe" is not enabled in your start up. Start/Run/trype in MSCONFIG/Start Up, and look for it there. If you reinstalled it successfuly, then these 2 items should be up and running.
    While you're in the start up dialog, perhaps UNCHECK several items temporarily as a troubleshooting procedure. Maybe GS3 doesn't like something thats running. I have only 3 items in my start up. One is my trackball driver/settings, one is my soundcard mixer icon, and #3 is msg32.

I suppose you could copy/paste your Diagnostic log to your next post here or email this to Tascam(as if your going to hear back from them anytime soon).

good luck

Thanks potatobug I will check those items to make sure they are running. I have a suspicion that they are not because I have done some tweeking to try to get the most out of my system so I do not have much running in the background. Thanks.

It was the Crypser.exe that did it I started that and all apears to be well. Thank you for your help.

Another victory thanks to NS and its helpful users!!!

Belbin

Hello to all this is my first post....

[Quote]It was the Crypser.exe that did it I started that and all apears to be well. Thank you for your help.
    How did you come to that conclusion I thought that Gigasampler had to be on a seperate PC?
    If that is not the case how did you get it not to scan through your folders (vst) if you are using a steinberg app.

Mark Nomad

Go Back to forum