• Register
  • Help

Topic: Overture 4 and Sample Libraries

Share/Bookmark

Overture 4 and Sample Libraries

Currenty Overture 3 is customized for the GPO library exclusively. Gary and I have agreed that Overture 4 should be opened to other libraries, so I am in the process of making the changes. If you have any ideas, requests on implementing other libraries, etc., please let me know. You can send a direct email to support@geniesoft.com.

Implementation:
    When Overture loads it looks for an instrument name list in XML files for each VSTI device and each device can have multiple lists or libraries, like full Kontakt. Each list contains information for instrument names, their transpositions, key switches, controllers, grouping, etc.. The appropriate name will appear based on the track's output assignment.

For example: If track 1 output is set to GPO, the GPO name list is used when editing expressions, name assignments, adding controller data. etc for items linked to track 1. If track 2 output is assigned to a different VSTi, its name list will be used for editing items linked to track 2, and so on. Each voice (up to 8) within a track can be assigned to a different slot/channel within the VSTi/player, but you can't have two voices within a track assigned to two different VSTIs.

Thanks,
    Don
    Last edited by geniesoft; 05-13-2005 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Add Requested Info

Re: Overture 4 and Sample Libraries

Quote Originally Posted by geniesoft
    Currenty Overture 3 is customized for the GPO library exclusively. Gary and I have agreed that Overture 4 should be opened to other libraries, so I am in the process of making the changes. If you have any ideas, requests on implementing other libraries, etc., please let me know. You can send a direct email to support@geniesoft.com.

Thanks,
    Don
    A short, compatibility wish list:
    Atmosphere, Absynth, Crystal, Synth 1, z3ta+...I'm sure I'll add more later if this thread survives.

Thanks for the request!!!

I'll put in a second for Absynth.

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Thanks for the update Don...you may want someone (moi?) to post a link to this on the Geniesoft forum.

Thanks again...sounds yummy delicious!

VST support in Overture is certainly exciting. But I am a little confused about your request for suggestions for VST compatibility. I use Sonar and to the best of my knowledge I can use any plugin that conforms to the VST specification. Are you saying that I can't assume that any well-behaved plugin will work with Overture 4? If this is so a compatability list might be a good idea.

I suppose that there might be challenges with implementing audio processing plugins but I had assumed that in general any virtual instrument would work. For what its worth I would add Albino, RM IV, VSampler, and VSC to the list.

Thanks

Chet

Talking Re: Overture 4 and Sample Libraries

Amazing!
    Don, i think it would be nice to have a mixer in the vst host (i'm really missing it in gpo studio) and have the possibility to have a midi controller assignment system so that if i want to move from GPO to GOS for example I can change the moodwheel changes in velocity changes and so on ..
    I would like to ask you how will work the record function, will it work just in "real time", like in bidule, or will it work "offline" so that i f i have a slow processor i will still have at the end a good wave file without pops and so on?
    I'm really looking forward it
    thanks
    Michele

Quote Originally Posted by crr
    I would like to ask you how will work the record function, will it work just in "real time", like in bidule, or will it work "offline" so that i f i have a slow processor i will still have at the end a good wave file without pops and so on?I'm really looking forward it thanksMichele
    Would both ways be impossible? One for a quick, 'one-up' Track Freeze and the other for a best quality, overall audio render. I've asked Don a similar question. You may want to post your query on the Geniesoft forum...'Feature Request':
    http://geniesoft.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

I think a lot of people are looking forward to '4'.

Talking Re: Overture 4 and Sample Libraries

yes, i looked also in geniesoft forum but there is no post from Don about feature request and a lot of posts about overture 4 are "dead" so i wrote hear.
    Let's see if we can have an answer

Go Back to forum