Here are 2 more examples.

http://www.wisemanproject.com/011study-orchestra.html

Hope they help.
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

Re: scores and mp3s, 2 more

Give us more!

Yes, very well done! My compliments. Sounds beautiful and perfect for the subject.

David

PS, can you tell us more about the wiseman project and the upcoming book on orchestral composition?

Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent! These are very helpful, and your music is simply beautiful.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Hi Ken,

I've only just caught up with this. I'm looking at the scores and listening to the mp3s - and I think this is going to be a real help. Thanks for sharing this.

Smile Re: scores and mp3s, 2 more

Glad they helps you. More scores and mp3s are coming soon.

Wiseman Project Music Books are series of original and/or revised books about music, and focused on practical side of the subject with audio examples. The book on orchestral composition is focused on the process of orchestral composition from sketch to final score and recording.
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    www.wisemanproject.com

Hey Ken-p, I'm curious - how on earth do you get so many performances of your pieces. It just seems that everything you write gets put in front of an orchestra instantly.

OK, I know this next part is going to sound like I'm a hater, but I'm not, really...

I'm curious as to why you even entered the GPO competition if you knew you could get the same work performed and premiered here eventually. It just seems that all that happened is that you kept somebody else (who doesn't have as many oppurtunities as you for performances) from getting something they wrote performed - you always get stuff performed and can get stuff performed so I'm just wondering why you entered.

Smile Re: scores and mp3s, 2 more

Hi, Craig.

>>how on earth do you get so many performances of your pieces. It just seems that everything you write gets put in front of an orchestra instantly.
    Here are the possible answers.

Mmm... The answer may be this...
    1) I write pieces because someone asked me to do it. In other words, it is commissioned works, and there would be a guaranteed performance.
    2) I might do some reading session with my friends, when I have some money to provide food or something.
    3) My school might provide some reading session for students.

>>I'm just wondering why you entered.
    Oh, I wrote that piece originally for students in music technology class in a university in Colorado. They had just purchased GPO, and I wrote couple tutorial for that class. A professor who taught the class also wanted me to write something that showcase GPO. Since he knew the students liked my GOS demo on the Gary's site, he asked me to write in similar style. He is the one who recommended me to enter the competition. So I did.
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    www.wisemanproject.com

Oh, OK.

Ken,

Hmmm. Maybe I missed this at your web site, but where do I get the wise man book(?) Or is this something your putting out in the future? I'm thinking of more school sooo I'm looking at your stuff, Peter's stuff at truespec etc.

Sincerley,

Jonathan

OT:for Craig scores and mp3s, 2 more

Craig,
    hey man I PM'd you last month to congratulate you bra but you gave me know love?

Sincerley,

Jonathan

Go Back to forum