• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kudos to Project SAM...but not just on their samples...

Share/Bookmark

Kudos to Project SAM...but not just on their samples...

Obviously what matters mostly about the samples is the samples themselves, but I gotta say, I'm always very pleased when the packaging it comes in is highly polished and very professional looking.

Hats off to Project SAM on the True Strike 1 packaging. The manual is excellent, the packaging is excellent. I have to say it's the most nicely-packaged sample lib I own. I've received sample libs in nothing more than paper envelopes, and of course I'm too excited about getting new samples to care much, but it's always a nice bonus when the sample discs are packaged in something besides an envelope, or a generic CD jewel case.

Keep it up, guys.. looking forward to seeing more solid packaging on your future premium sample libs.

Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Thumbs up Re: Kudos to Project SAM...but not just on their samples...

Stunning Sam and SAM!! Simply stunning!
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Re: Kudos to Project SAM...but not just on their samples...

That IS nice.

Part of what makes it cool is that it's not so big that you need to throw away some oversized box (EastWest take note.) That looks perfect for putting on a shelf and being easy to find.

- Mike Greene

Nice one !

I really loved the box that SAM Brass Solo Sessions came in as well. Small and black, around CD sized, nice print feel.

Maybe they should also make a store, that would sell nice small black boxes with names for all the libraries out there in silver letters
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

My Sessions just came in a jewel case?

I like the SAM Trumpets disks that came with a label stuck on a DVD-R...they still sounded great...and I didn't care because it probably got them in my hands weeks earlier that way.

I like Project Sam's products very much...haven't grabbed true strike yet...but I own all the rest and they just keeping getting better with each library. The SAM Horns were great when I got them, but now I think the quality of their later releases makes me want a revamp of the horns and trombones.

Here it is

I suspect it's not a jewel box because i won it at the Sam True Strike competition

Bad photo ,looks better in real
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

It's sad that packaging is so important, but I guess the truth is that we all like our land fill......

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    It's sad that packaging is so important, but I guess the truth is that we all like our land fill......

Frank

Heheh, you are right Frank

It just feels nice to get a cool package with your nice samples, it feels like you got what you paid for
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern

Frank
    Nah, I wouldn't say it's "so important." Just a nice added bonus, that's all.

And yeah, Mike, the East West packaging... eh. I actually tossed out my box for Stormdrum. No point in keeping it really.. it's just excess space and it serves no purpose. Inside it, the DVD-ROMs are in paper envelopes, so I just kept those, and the manuals go into my file box.
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

The heck with the packaging! Bring on da sounds!

Peace

rp

Go Back to forum