• Register
  • Help

Topic: serial number?

Share/Bookmark

serial number?

I just bought GPO today, and the only serial number I see is the NI Player SN (which doesn't work, btw). Where is the GPO SN??

Smile Re: serial number?

Quote Originally Posted by theumphmcgee
    I just bought GPO today, and the only serial number I see is the NI Player SN (which doesn't work, btw). Where is the GPO SN??
    Hi theumphmcgee,
    and welcome to this forum.
    you can find the GPO serial number insight the GPO booklet guide. It is exactly
    that of the NI player.
    If you go to the appendix A of this guide you will find all you need to become a member of the GPO family.
    Best of luck,
    Roberto

Re: serial number?

Also, be sure you're up to speed on upgrades and updates:

http://www.garritan.com/downloads.html

Things can get a bit confusing if you aren't... lol.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Even when I use the NI serial number, it still won't work...it says I don't have access privillages. I entered a bunk number, and got the same message. BTW, I'm running a PowerBook G4 with 1gig of ram and OSX 10.3.9

Quote Originally Posted by theumphmcgee
    Even when I use the NI serial number, it still won't work...it says I don't have access privillages. I entered a bunk number, and got the same message. BTW, I'm running a PowerBook G4 with 1gig of ram and OSX 10.3.9
    theumphmcgee,

It should install fine. Try doing an easy install into the defualt locations. Make sure you're not installing into any special user accounts. If that doesn't work give me a call or email me and we'll guide you through it.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    theumphmcgee,

It should install fine. Try doing an easy install into the defualt locations. Make sure you're not installing into any special user accounts. If that doesn't work give me a call or email me and we'll guide you through it.

Gary Garritan
    That's what I have been doing, easy install into the applications folder, I tried both my user apps. folder, and the mac harddrive apps. folder. I also tried just installing the VST (I run cubase) plug-in, but no-dice.

Thanks
    Brooks

OK, so I've been trying different things, and I think the problem is a bad serial number. The installer acts the same way no matter what number I put in, be it a bunk number (one that I just made up) or the number in the book. I'm guessing we should talk privately about this Gary.

Thanks
    Brooks

so the problem was not the software, but my hard drive's permission was messed up, but after a quick disc utility session, it installed fine! Thanks sweetwater!

Brooks

Go Back to forum