• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga3.04 Layered instruments polyphony problem

Unhappy Giga3.04 Layered instruments polyphony problem

Hi All,

I combined two single one-layer instruments in one single two-layers instrument (For example: Layer#1-Strings-Sustain, Layer#2 -Strings- Stacc).
    The problem: When I play chord progression (3 or more notes in each chord) with new combined instrument- some notes drop out from sustained chords after about 1sec. Though the first chord sounds OK for as long as I hold it.
    If I play chords with one-layer instrument - there is no problems, doesn't matter how many notes in the chords.
    Also: It looks like the problem appears if each instrument being combined has multiple regions, if only one region - there is no problems...

Does anybody have the same problem? Any idea of what may cause that and if there is any way around?

I have P4- 3.6GHz, 2Gb RAM, 7200RPM HDs, XP SP1, Optimisation XP for Gigastudio is done, polyphony in Giga set to 256, Alter Transition Voices - 64

Many thanks,

Re: Giga3.04 Layered instruments polyphony problem

Have you checked to see that the instruments are in Giga 3.0 format? You can check by right clicking the samples in question through the quicksound window and opening the properties window. A lot of these samples, even recent ones, are still in giga 2 format. If the properties say giga 2.0, then just right click the sample again and select 'Convert to Giga 3.0' . I'm not possitive this will work, but it's worth a try.

Also check your polyphony settings in the system settings control panel. Maybe you should set it to a higher value.

Go Back to forum