• Register
  • Help

Topic: Unnited airlines pension Heist...!!!

Share/Bookmark

Unnited airlines pension Heist...!!!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Now, I'm gonna post this topic only knowing the basics of this problem... Is it me, or is UA gonnna renig on their pension program, Because of so, You can see the reason we have Unions.... Anyone care to enlighten?

Re: Unnited airlines pension Heist...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhed
    Now, I'm gonna post this topic only knowing the basics of this problem... Is it me, or is UA gonnna renig on their pension program, Because of so, You can see the reason we have Unions.... Anyone care to enlighten?
    And if anyone can get away with this, our understanding of getting old, and reaping the benefits of our harvest, is all but GONE!

Am I regurgitating news, Or is this a problem ligit... DId these people lose their pension?

You know, If I had half a crooked bone in my body, I could screw so many people and get so rich... How could a court award such a thing?

And all this after Bush Bancrputcy bill...LoL I guess it only applies to us little people, and not corporations....

The pensions weren't heisted, UA can't afford to stay in business and pay them. Period. This is why the courts allowed the default, which is being picked up by the govt. The retirees will see a smaller pension, but most will still get a pension.

This is not the fault of "Bush's America" or "Clinton's America", etc...this is what happens when businesses cannot keep up with their retirees living longer. Same problem with Social Security.

Is everything a conspiracy?
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

I think people are just scared Wes.

An uncertain future puts people in a terrible frame of mind. It'd be like if the military suddenly decided it was going to reduce everybodies pension plans. Talk about panic.

Jose

Quote Originally Posted by josejherring
    I think people are just scared Wes.

An uncertain future puts people in a terrible frame of mind. It'd be like if the military suddenly decided it was going to reduce everybodies pension plans. Talk about panic.

Jose
    Believe it or not, this scares me as well. Everyone, including the government, is going to have problems supporting those who are living longer after retirement. We in the military especially since we can retire after 20 years of service. I feel for the UA folks, I really do. I just don't see any "heist" here. If it does come out that the pensions were raided, then I'll be right there with those who call for the guilty parties to be lined up and shot (figuritively speaking).
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    This is not the fault of "Bush's America" or "Clinton's America", etc...this is what happens when businesses cannot keep up with their retirees living longer. Same problem with Social Security.
    It's known as Mortality Drag.

Go Back to forum