• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Looking for a great Cello

Share/Bookmark

Looking for a great Cello

Hi,

As the cello is one of the main voices of my music I was wondering if there are some excellent libraries available. I'm also looking for soundtrack like libraries but as I'm new to Gigastudio I'd rather get some firsthand information before purchasing.

Thanks for taking your time,

Mark

Re: Looking for a great Cello

VSL Solo Strings includes a great cello. That's my primary one. I haven't heard whether London Solo Strings is good or not yet but that would be another one to look into. Finally, there's the Kirk Hunter option, which is an older but still potentially viable one. Take look at these and compare them and you should be in good shape.

Hi Per,

Thank you for taking your time. I'll have a look at the libraries. I also stumbled on Dan Dean's Solo Strings. Maybe that would be a good alternative too.

Mark

I use Kirk Hunter's Solo Strings. You can buy the whole set, or just the cello. That would be much cheaper than the other options.

I would get KH's cello first. If you still want more, then get one of the other sets. You will still find some useful articulations in the KH cello.

BTW, I'm not affiliated with Kirk Hunter. I'm just a happy customer.

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/solostrings.html

-JF

There'sa link at the Gigastudio site for G3 users to purchase the Dan Dean solo strings for $99.

I second the Kirk Hunter Solo Strings Cello - although the whole library is great.

Although I have the Opus 1 Vienna Orchestra, Miroslav & Virtuoso Strings Series, don't overlook the Roland Strings & Orchestral Percussion CD's. Though Roland samples are smaller, they are more useful overall... to me. Sure, if I have a section of music that is devoid of any other instrument except a cello.... then I might not say this, but c'mon... who is doing a lot of that ? Now watch.... 10 replies will come after mine saying : Well I have 17 songs with solo cello, it's my main instrument for the lead sections of my eclectic style.

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy
    There'sa link at the Gigastudio site for G3 users to purchase the Dan Dean solo strings for $99.
    Hey kitekrazy,

Can't seem to find this... can you provide a link?

Thanks in advance,
    Toby

I would like to thank you all for your help. I decided to purchase Dan Dean's solo strings for $99 through Tascam's site. Is there anybody using an excellent ambient sound library?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by kramusica
    I would like to thank you all for your help. I decided to purchase Dan Dean's solo strings for $99 through Tascam's site. Is there anybody using an excellent ambient sound library?

Mark
    BUT I just picked up "London Strings" and they are GREAT over Dan Dean!

Go Back to forum