• Register
  • Help

Topic: using mod wheel for dynamic modulation

using mod wheel for dynamic modulation

Can anyone tell me, or point me to a document that explains, how to take a sample set that currently uses key switches, or key velocity, to select samples of different dynamic levels (p, mp, f, ff) and instead combine them so that you can do an even volume sweep using the mod wheel?

For example, I currently have some string samples that use only key velocity to switch from soft dynamic levels to higher dynamic levels and I would like to make it so that I could just use the mod wheel to control the dynamic level so as to do simulated crescendos (ala Garritan "exp" samples or VSL ensemble samples that use the mod wheel to blend between layers).

Re: using mod wheel for dynamic modulation

Get kontakt2, open the editor and study the library that comes with kontakt.
    There are some great examples.
    Or tell me how much velocitys you have and I can send you an empty kontakt programm
    that you can fill with your samples.

Chris Hein

Dorset, UK

If you have either of those "exp" libs for GS or Kontact, open one of the them in the editor, add your string lib and drop your sample folders into the exp instrument layers, get rid of the unwanted samples and save and don't tell anyone what you did.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

Yes, you can do this easily in either GigaStudio or Kontakt.

Go Back to forum