• Register
  • Help

Topic: RTAS bug : note rises half-step on release

Share/Bookmark

RTAS bug : note rises half-step on release

This is an odd bug:

Without warning, various instruments spontaneously start raising their note 1/2 step on release of a note. Once it starts, it occurs with programmed notes, input from a MIDI controller and notes clicked on the Kontakt keyboard. The only way I've found to stop the problem is to close my session and re-open it.

Considering that I've only been working with GPO for about 2 hours in PT and already seen this randomly (as far as I can tell) appear every instrument I've loaded, I'm a bit concerned.

Any ideas on troubleshooting?

PS: I've already RTFM and UTFSE

Technical stats:

GPO RTAS plug-in
    Pro Tools LE 6.4
    CoreAudio 6.5
    Panther 10.3.8

Re: RTAS bug : note rises half-step on release

Quote Originally Posted by muxlow
    This is an odd bug:

Without warning, various instruments spontaneously start raising their note 1/2 step on release of a note. Once it starts, it occurs with programmed notes, input from a MIDI controller and notes clicked on the Kontakt keyboard. The only way I've found to stop the problem is to close my session and re-open it.

Considering that I've only been working with GPO for about 2 hours in PT and already seen this randomly (as far as I can tell) appear every instrument I've loaded, I'm a bit concerned.

Any ideas on troubleshooting?

PS: I've already RTFM and UTFSE

Technical stats:

GPO RTAS plug-in
    Pro Tools LE 6.4
    CoreAudio 6.5
    Panther 10.3.8

Oh, wait.... I just discovered the gold keys. I click them and...I get...different.....sounds.....

including a sound which rises in pitch 1/2 step upon release.

Oh happy day! Not a bug, but a FEATURE

Re: RTAS bug : note rises half-step on release

Ah, yes - you've discovered the keyswitch notes! There you'll find the half-step and whole-step playable trills (among other things). Kind of cool as it allows you to control the speed of your trills.

Enjoy your new GPO - you won't be disappointed.

Go Back to forum