• Register
  • Help

Topic: Importing Vintaudio C7 Piano from GS3 into K2

Share/Bookmark

Importing Vintaudio C7 Piano from GS3 into K2

Has anyone had any luck with this? I get the samples and NKI files across just fine for the PU and PD instruments. MIDI data coming in and DFD streaming seems to be occuring...however, no sound. Must be something simple...any clues?

Re: Importing Vintaudio C7 Piano from GS3 into K2

The other day I tried letting K2 CONVERT GigaPiano II. The process seemed to work. All the different velocity and extra (Pedal noise)subdirectories containing the .wav files showed up, as well as the new .NKI file.

When I loaded the new .NKI............just the "Pedal Noise" samples loaded and played. I thought maybe it was copy protection scheme.

I think this will resolve itself once we all get more familiar with K2. The GUI seems pretty obvious, but there are little things going on that will take some time to discover. What a great sampler though - I switched from GS3 and haven't looked back once.

Try to convert the sample pool in GS first to normal ( not accelerated ). That may solve the "no sound" problem.
    But even in that case, I have no confidence that Kontakt does the instrument definition import correctly .

A cross grade may be the best option today.

Quote Originally Posted by maszat
    A cross grade may be the best option today.
    I agree! Pianos are too big & complicated and you want them to be perfect.
    One day in the future, I will map some piano samples in either GS3 or K2 just for the practice. I'll start out with one octave, cuz that alone will take me about a month to get right

Yep, sounds like a crossgrade is the best option...not sure I'll ever have the patience to put together a complex instrument for myself. Thanks for the replies.

C

Go Back to forum