• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Topic: kontakt giga vota

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    kontakt giga vota

    hi there, anybody knows if VOTA (voices of the apocalypse) works only with gigastudio or does it work also with Kontakt? as Im thinking in getting it and I Dont know if its gigastudio exclusiv or if it can work with kontakt fully

    also will the GPO advanced edition appear in europe same time than in america , and will it happen before end of 2005

    finally, any news about the beautiful reverb tutorial

    thanks lots

    Jav

  2. #2

    Re: kontakt giga vota

    Hi Jav,

    I can't answer your question about Giga vs. K2, but I have not come even close to finishing the reverb tutorial. It may be a while.
    Just wanted to answer you.

    I am guessing that Kontakt 2 will play VOTA, because it claims to play Giga files. Both Giga and Kontakt claim to play all formats because they want you to buy their sampler, but for me, I bought Giga because I wanted to play GOS properly. GOS comes with a program called Maestro Tools (Maple Midi) and without it, things like automatic alternating bows and legato mode do not work right. It's a tough call. I would find out if there is a forum of VOTA users and see if anyone is using Kontakt 2 to play them, that's my 2 penny's worth.

    I might lean towards K2, check it out though before you buy.

    dpDan

  3. #3

    Re: kontakt giga vota

    DpDan,really thanks lots for your reply, really appreciate your answer, nevermind about the tutorial, u are making us a favour so we can wait whatever it takes, it will be a gift when its ready, whenever that may be, and about VOTA, yeh, apparently my latest research tells me that it will work but not completely well as some things wont translate right, same as u say about GOS, however one can apparently manually reconfigure then the samples in kontakt, painful though, anyway , its just that Gigastudio seems to be a well bit frustrating piece of software for many people, whereas kontakt seems to please more people at least thats what Im hearing around all the time, anyway, I will continue my research,
    thanks again for being so kind

    best
    Jav


    Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Hi Jav,

    I can't answer your question about Giga vs. K2, but I have not come even close to finishing the reverb tutorial. It may be a while.
    Just wanted to answer you.

    I am guessing that Kontakt 2 will play VOTA, because it claims to play Giga files. Both Giga and Kontakt claim to play all formats because they want you to buy their sampler, but for me, I bought Giga because I wanted to play GOS properly. GOS comes with a program called Maestro Tools (Maple Midi) and without it, things like automatic alternating bows and legato mode do not work right. It's a tough call. I would find out if there is a forum of VOTA users and see if anyone is using Kontakt 2 to play them, that's my 2 penny's worth.

    I might lean towards K2, check it out though before you buy.

    dpDan

  4. #4

    Re: kontakt giga vota

    Hi Jav, I totally understand your comment about Giga being troublesome, but I have to tell you, I have never installed a hard drive and knew nothing about it. After I bought Tascam's GS3 Orchestra, I read what Tascam's website said to do, and I did it, and my inexpensive Dell store bought PC is purring along beautifully. Most folks that have troubles with Gigastudio don't follow directions, and probably have a computer that is under spec, and full of viruses from the internet. My Mac computer and Dell (studio computers) are not connected to the internet at all. I have to tell you that with the support from these forums, there is always great help right around the corner.

    I am not sorry at all that I bought Giga GS3 Orchestra, there are some great samples that come with it too.

    Here's what you could do, buy Gigastudio and Kontakt 2. I know that is expensive but after all, these are the two main popular samplers from what I read. That way you could get the libraries you want and know that they are going to play the way they are supposed to. Just a thought.

    With Giga you will really need to buy a second hard drive for your samples, but I think that will probably be a great thing with Kontakt 2 also.

    I am so glad I have Giga, and of course I would like to get Kontakt 2 but money is tight.

    Always glad to help out!
    dpDan

  5. #5

    Re: kontakt giga vota

    hey DpDan thanks again for all your help and comments
    what soundcard do u use with giga? i may get a GSIF soundcard soon, and Im thinking of the audiophile 192 or the previous audiophile 24/96, would u recommend them? are both ok with gigastudio 3.0?
    thanks lots
    Jav



    Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Hi Jav, I totally understand your comment about Giga being troublesome, but I have to tell you, I have never installed a hard drive and knew nothing about it. After I bought Tascam's GS3 Orchestra, I read what Tascam's website said to do, and I did it, and my inexpensive Dell store bought PC is purring along beautifully. Most folks that have troubles with Gigastudio don't follow directions, and probably have a computer that is under spec, and full of viruses from the internet. My Mac computer and Dell (studio computers) are not connected to the internet at all. I have to tell you that with the support from these forums, there is always great help right around the corner.

    I am not sorry at all that I bought Giga GS3 Orchestra, there are some great samples that come with it too.

    Here's what you could do, buy Gigastudio and Kontakt 2. I know that is expensive but after all, these are the two main popular samplers from what I read. That way you could get the libraries you want and know that they are going to play the way they are supposed to. Just a thought.

    With Giga you will really need to buy a second hard drive for your samples, but I think that will probably be a great thing with Kontakt 2 also.

    I am so glad I have Giga, and of course I would like to get Kontakt 2 but money is tight.

    Always glad to help out!
    dpDan

  6. #6

    Re: kontakt giga vota

    Quote Originally Posted by javismiles
    what soundcard do u use with giga? i may get a GSIF soundcard soon, and Im thinking of the audiophile 192 or the previous audiophile 24/96, would u recommend them? are both ok with gigastudio 3.0?
    thanks lots
    Jav
    Hi Smiles,

    The only card I have ever had for the Giga PC is a Hammerfall HDSP 9652
    A friend who has had Giga from it's beginning told me when I bought GPO to buy this card because it would be a great choice if I were to ever get into Giga.

    It is incredible, I bought it in like new condition from Ebay for $350.00.
    It has a lot of great features. It is understandable why so many Giga users prefer this card. Never a click, pop or anything. it just sits in the computer and does it's job.

    dpDan

  7. #7

    Re: kontakt giga vota

    Quote Originally Posted by javismiles
    hey DpDan thanks again for all your help and comments
    what soundcard do u use with giga? i may get a GSIF soundcard soon, and Im thinking of the audiophile 192 or the previous audiophile 24/96, would u recommend them? are both ok with gigastudio 3.0?
    thanks lots
    Jav
    The M-Audio cards work fine with Giga - their updated drivers even support GSIF2 so you can take advantage of all the features of GS3.

  8. #8

    Re: kontakt giga vota

    Jav, Unless you are really sold on Vota, or want giga for other reasons also, I'd suggest you check out the East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Choirs. I had a personal, rather lengthy, demo at last year's winter NAMM. It is quite impressive, and I think the words are more easily understood. Most retailers are selling it for around $895. It includes the Kompakt player so you don't have the added expense of Giga.

    But if you're not in a hurry, Gary will be releasing a choir in the future, and if GPO is any guide, it will be wonderful and not too expensive.

    Karl

  9. #9
    Senior Member newmewzikboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: kontakt giga vota

    Have you looked into this as a sound card replacement option:

    http://www.fx-max.com/fxt/

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •