• Register
  • Help

Topic: G.A.N.G. Event at E3

Lightbulb G.A.N.G. Event at E3

G.A.N.G. Event at E3
    Music Publishing in the Video Game Industry: Music Outside of the Game
    Win a FREE copy of NI Komplete 2
    This G.A.N.G. event is free and open to all members, guests, and public. Please RSVP to brian@audiogang.org with how many will be attending.

Date: Friday, May 20, 2005
    Time: Doors open at 7pm; Panel starts at 7:30pm - 8:30pm. Mixer from 8:30pm -12am
    Location: LA Marriott Downtown, 333 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA
    Format: Panel
    Topics discussed: Restricted Licensing Agreements; Use of original music in a game for other media, i.e. film trailers, films, TV, commercials; Discussing Win-Win publishing agreements between composers and game publishers; Strategies for composers and publishers to set up these agreements; How does a game publisher get started in music publishing?

Panelists will include: Jack Wall, Composer/Producer, Wall of Sound; Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Audio, EA; Didier Lord, Vice President, UbiMusic; Edwina Travis-Chin, Music Director, APM; Rich Goldman, President, Riptide Music; Moderated by Todd Fay, Producer/Project Manager, Todd M. Fay Enterprises

Native Instruments will be giving away a free copy of NI Komplete 2 after the panel. Raffle tickets will be given before the panel begins at 7:30. Must be in attendance to win.

Join G.A.N.G. afterwards for a mixer with cash bar.

Sound and PA equipment provided by TC Electronic

Music provided by Native Instruments

Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music

Re: G.A.N.G. Event at E3

I read somewhere that you need to be a member of the game industry to attend E3 - it's not open to the public. I was wondering if being a member of G.A.N.G. is sufficient. I won't be going this year, but for future knowledge. Thanks everyone.

Joining GANG won't qualify you for the industry unless you have a formal title within gang (like webmaster or administrative director etc) - or if you're close to the board or Tommy, he can get you a pass But it requires some persistent bugging.

The easiest way to register for E3 (and not exactly easy ) Is to register a business within the state and use the Tax ID number you get to show you're legit etc when presenting credentials, along with copies of a website or some commercial advertisement for the company. Sure that's effort, but it's also something worth doing if you ever plan on selling your services, right?

Thanks Jay,
    Okay, there is a bit of work there, but I'm currently at the point in my career that I thought I would have to get a friend of a friend of a _____(noun) to get me a job as a janitor at _____(game company) to get into E3, but I think your idea would be better. Thanks.

Go Back to forum