• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Scarbee J-Fingered

Question Scarbee J-Fingered

Sorry to disturb the forum with a question related to samples but I'd like to know if this library, Scarbee J-Fingered, is exclusively devoted to Jazz. Is it usable in others styles like rock, reggae and why not country ?

Smile Re: Scarbee J-Fingered

Hello Serge,

Actually the J-Fingered Bass is useful for all of the styles you mentioned. It is called J-Fingered as it is a sampled Jazz Bass, the Jazz denotes the original design and configuration pioneered originally by Fender Musical Instruments.

The J-Bass that Scarbee sampled is an awesome custom hand made J-Bass. You will find it useful for all kinds of music requiring a full punchy electric bass.

As an owner of an actual J-Bass myself, I can confidently say that Scarbee has really done an awesome job with the J-Fingered and the J-Slap

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
    Al J.
    Sonic Implants

Out of my Mind

Re: Scarbee J-Fingered

Using J-Slap n Fingered right now in a project...

Great for anything...Fusion, Jazz, Rock, Metal and anything else! Get the J-Slap n Figered version (has it all). Even Geddy Lee uses a FJazz bass now . Pretty much my go-to bass for everything right now.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Orcas Island

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Using J-Slap n Fingered right now in a project... . Pretty much my go-to bass for everything right now.
    Take it from bigfoot2112, Scarbee's bass is excellent and usable in many styles. Highly recommended!

Gary Garritan

Scarbee J-Fingered is my main bass guitar.
    Easy to use, Scarbee J-Fingered also matches an amp simulator very well.

Akihito Okawa

Scarbee's Finger'n'Slap works great with rock & country as well and it is the most intuitive bass library out there.

I love the ability to switch strings using the mod. wheel.
    It makes for a very realistic rendition.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

Scarbee's basses are excellent. You can get wonderful articulation sounds, very intuitively while playing, and it sits right in the pocket. The EQ is nice, just right. Lots of room to go either darker or brighter and stay in the mix. All good.

Thanks everybody, it's clear that it's the one to get !

Thumbs up Re: Scarbee J-Fingered

I use Scarbe J-Fingered plus iZotope's Trash for heavy rock sounds all the time. Between the multiple pickup positions, slides and pickup clap, it's easy to make a two-fisted sound that jives with the throatier genres... another two thumbs up here, too!

Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Hey - thanks for the nice words!!

I'm just starting to layout the content of my next big project:

Scarbee Personal Bass Collection Vol 1. (more volumes to follow)

There will be plenty of basses and various techniques. They will be programmed to suit myself - made for myself... for my own special tools.

Hopefully some of you will enjoy the basses too.

If you have special wishes - please let me know!!
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Go Back to forum