• Register
  • Help

Topic: Day Brighteners

Share/Bookmark

Day Brighteners

Have you been unhappy because you feel your music is not getting notice, or you feel burned out, or wondered if anyone really liked it?

I was feeling a bit down, and then, this morning I received some very favorable and perceptive comments about one of my piano pieces from a pianist who recently won an international competion. That is the sort of thing that can get a person back on track again! It happens now and then, and it sure feels good!

I expect many of you could add bit of personal experience to this phenomena, so I will spare the details.

Richard

Re: Day Brighteners

Hi Richard, I remember reading in one of your posts that you have Rheumatoid Arthritis, I do too. I can understand your point of view. The pain can really cause us to become overly depressed. Try not to let that happen.

I can certainly relate!

I get confused at times about what I should be doing with all this music stuff.
    It is so important to keep making the music, and if you want, don't share it with anyone, just listen to it yourself. I actually did my own arrangement of Little Drummer Boy this past Christmas. It was about 90% done, and I just hated how it was sounding, so I threw it in the trash. The Mac trash can that is

Not everything we do is ever going to be liked by all, but if it is liked by some, I agree with you, it makes us feel good. On the other hand, if we do something that we think is quite good, and it is shot down by a few, we seem to concentrate on those party poopers. That is so wrong. Keep making your music, especially if it causes you to feel good about yourself.

Have a great day there in the beautiful Redwoods Richard.
    I appreciate your music!
    Dan

Thumbs up Re: Day Brighteners

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    On the other hand, if we do something that we think is quite good, and it is shot down by a few, we seem to concentrate on those party poopers. That is so wrong. Keep making your music, especially if it causes you to feel good about yourself.
    Exactly!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: Day Brighteners

First of all Richard, Congratulations! Secondly, hit the nail on the head you did. Yes, yes, yes, you did...
    Styxx

Go Back to forum