• Register
  • Help

Topic: It's over now, the first year of college

Share/Bookmark

Smile It's over now, the first year of college

College darkens, ruins each sensation,
    Exams bore, and dull imagination,
    Suddenly the senses lose hold of their defenses . . .

But that's alright, because now it's over! At least for this year. Ah . . . the trials of youth. I have no idea what I'm working toward, but I look forward to working for money after this college thing is over! Anyway, I'm leaving tomorrow (or I guess today, since I'm up late), and I shall never return to this dorm room again, which is a good thing, because dorm life is quite annoying. Next year I'm sharing a nice big (well, at least bigger) apartment with three others (2 to a room, a bigger room), and fortunately my roommate next year is a big classical music fan.

This summer I won't be able to get on the computer as much because I'll be sharing a dial-up connection with 6 other family members, not to mention I'll hopefully have a job all day to bring in some money to pay for this college thing I'm trying out. My brother is also graduating from high school and there are two family weddings, so I'll be seeing a lot of family. My family would also like to move into a bigger house (yeah, now that their kids are getting out of the way, my parents want more space ) so I'm thinking my parents will also be having me do a lot of evil house work. Lastly, I gotta look up some old high school friends and go to some movies or something.

I'll still try to log on at least once a week. I'll of course keep writing music, but I'll probably miss most of the chats (so don't talk about music appreciation). Thank you everyone here for helping me get through my first year of college. I got GPO when I was still in high school, so you've been with me through it all, and it's only the beginning! I've got to say, while the library is really nice, college isn't very fun at all. But it's good for you, like vegetables, so I'll try to keep at it. Thank you all, and goodnight!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: It's over now, the first year of college

Sean, congratulations on completing your first year of college.
    Enjoy your summer.

dpDan

Now the real fun begins. By sophomore year, you're invested a full year, so you're committed. Yet graduation is still years away. You know you're in a long, dark tunnel, but you no longer see any light at either end! Ahh. The joys of the second year student!

You might even start questioning the whole indoctrination thing. Are the profs really trying to teach you, or are they just making you jump through hoops?

Just keep in mind that if you can survive sophomore year, the rest is easy.

And enjoy every minute of it. Us old working stiffs only *wish* that we could go back to the days of being a starving student. Ahh, the days when the only responsibilities were paying rent and keeping up with school work...

Enjoy the ride!

-JF

Sean,

You made it through the toughest year. Physics...calculus - you tackled some tough courses and made it through. Its smoother sailing from here - and no more dorms!

We have been fortunate to have you with us.

All the best to you Sean for a great summer. I have a feeling you won't be much of a stranger here.

Gary

Congratulations Sean!!

Let the party officially begin So, you're no longer a Freshman!!! WooHoo

Congratulations on a job well done - for seeing it through Now, you get to spend even more time on your music!!

Have a great time, you deserve it

mm

Thumbs up Re: It's over now, the first year of college

Sean, congratulations on completing your first year! Don't look behind, look forward and see yourself completing your degree on time! Good things are in store for you my friend!
    "Go for it! Live is not a dress rehearsal."
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    College darkens, ruins each sensation,
    Exams bore, and dull imagination,
    Suddenly the senses lose hold of their defenses . . .

I've got to say, while the library is really nice, college isn't very fun at all. But it's good for you, like vegetables, so I'll try to keep at it. Thank you all, and goodnight!
    Congratulations on finishing your first year!

As others have mentioned, at this point it seems like college will take forever (and for some of us it nearly did), but there really is light at the end of that particular tunnel...and things really do get better after freshman year.

Enjoy your summer (and keep writing music)!

;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Congrats Sean! I remember when I finished my first year of college, and it still feels just as good now that I'm about to finish my third (one more week ).
    Tim

Thanks everybody! You guys are great!

Congrats, Tim!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum