• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Gigastudio 3.1

Gigastudio 3.1

any news about Gigastudio 3.1? Whats new? When will it be realest?

Re: Gigastudio 3.1

Pete Snell showed it at the Frankfurt Musikmesse. So I would have expected it to be out a while ago. Probably they have some minor bugs yet to be fixed.

Ok when there where only minor bugs fixed, why is Sonic Implats waiting with there release?

Here is a quick update on the Complete Symphonic Orchestra.

The target release date for the library is June 10th

We have delayed the release because we were adding some cool new functionality that will require the Gigastudio 3.1 update.

We will have more news for you very soon!

Stay Tuned!
    Al J.
    Sonic Implants

Maybe I should have pointed out more clearly that I just *THINK* the delay is only due to minor bugs. I concluded that from the fact that Tascam presented 3.1 on a major trade show, which would have been risky in the presence of major bugs. But who knows...

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar
    Dallas, Texas

I think you will see 3.1 very soon...

Any word on what these new tools for 3.1 might be? Sounds quite enticing.

Speaking of Tascam, does anyone knows when the VST version of Gigapulse will be released?

Quote Originally Posted by Nayi
    Speaking of Tascam, does anyone knows when the VST version of GigaPulse will be released?
    I visited the Tascam booth at NAB in mid-April, and they didn't give firm dates for either release at that time.

They mentioned that the GigaPulse code within the VST was largely the same code base as GigaPulse within GS3.1. Expect GS3.1 to release first, since they can simply release the code to the web. GigaPulse VST is an independent product with new discs to be pressed and new packaging to be manufactured. As I recall from GS3.0, that process takes three or four weeks after the code is locked.

It was good to hear that they're keeping a common GigaPulse code base. That means that bugs fixed and found on one improve the quality of both. Also any feature improvements on one benefit both. It's not magic or anything, but a solid engineering decision.

I hope there are some things that can compete with the K2 scripting.

I just ordered Larry Seyer's drums, being an incurable drum junkie (DFHS, DFHS C&V, StormDrum, Reason Acoustic drum kits, Battery 2, Kontakt 2, et al) - actually my first purely non-orchestral purchase in the giga format. I have high hopes of it competing with DFHS, but with more ease-of-use. I can't help thinking that if it were in Kontakt format there would be some nice randomization functions that could be scripted to make use of the miriad of articulations and hits that Larry has programmed into his gigs without actually specifically programming everything in MIDI. For example, it might be nice to program in MIDI all one hihat articulation, but have the ability to randomly (every once in a while) go to a slightly different one to humanize it somewhat by way of script or some other device.

I wouldn't fault Tascam for emulating something NI has done, after all turnabout is fair play.

Talking Re: Gigastudio 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    I think you will see 3.1 very soon...
    teehee memories...

yup, we're definitely getting back to the good times of NS
    Operation Mindcrime 2, in stores now.
    or go here...
    The Digital Bitphonic Orchestra
    -Ashif "Ash" Hakik

Go Back to forum