Topic: Powerful, Powerful Speech on MSNBC

Share/Bookmark

Powerful, Powerful Speech on MSNBC

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Re: Powerful, Powerful Speech on MSNBC

Rob,

You didn't point out that Mr Galloway is implicated in the oil-for-food scandal.

And I'm the disingenuous one?

Nice speech...plenty of sensationalism & few facts, other than the repeated "I told you sos"

I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Good Lord - I saw this on the evening news and got to say - didn't your Senators see George coming AT ALL!!??? Is that the best they could do? Hahaha! It's no good being polite to Britsh MP's - they'll eat you for breakfast and not even pass wind.

He's an MP btw Rob - if he were PM, we would all have to evacuate the country.

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Rob,

You didn't point out that Mr Galloway is implicated in the oil-for-food scandal.

And I'm the disingenuous one?

Nice speech...plenty of sensationalism & few facts, other than the repeated "I told you sos"

Read the whole thing then: here

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    He's an MP btw Rob - if he were PM, we would all have to evacuate the country.
    LOL, my dislexia acting up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes37
    You didn't point out that Mr Galloway is implicated in the oil-for-food scandal. And I'm the disingenuous one? http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...lies/smile.gif
    Galloway addresses these accusations quite beautifully as well. Unfortunately, I don't have any control over what's in the mp3. It's just a link.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    St. Martin's Press

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers
    Read the whole thing then: here
    Ok, read it....what's your point? Not having read the oil-for-food documents and being able to copare these with Mr Galloway's rebuttals, I don't consider this speech to be anything other than a refutation of the implications against him. I don't think a basis for determining the veracity of either side can be logically deduced from this speech.

He could be absolutely right on all accounts, but I don't think anyone can reach a decision based on anything other than political ideology from the materials provided.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    Unfortunately, I don't have any control over what's in the mp3. It's just a link.
    Yes, but you can provide context.

Wes - don't take George too seriously. The last time before this I saw him, he was being carried away by 4 cops face down and STILL talking up a storm to a cameraman whilst holding up 2 fingers in a V for victory sign. He's a real case and I find him actually hysterically funny at times - he can hold his own though - give him his due.

Sorry, I didn't HAVE context until Beckers provided it. Thank you, Beckers.

By the way, Wes, are you still in denial about the disaster in Iraq? Are you still convinced there were WMDs?
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    St. Martin's Press

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    By the way, Wes, are you still in denial about the disaster in Iraq? Are you still convinced there were WMDs?
    Rob, we've already been through this...I already told you that Saddam's posturing and the intel we had supported the action despite the information turning out to be incorrect. I also said that I hold Saddam responsible for this war as he could have prevented it.

I do not like this war, but I also don't see how we could have allowed the bogus weapons inspections to continue after 9-11 showed just how vulnerable we are. Have you forgotten that Russian Intelligence discovered that Saddam was planning terrorist strikes against the US? Did you forget that Russia not only claimed Saddam had WMD, but had a LIST of it?

To quote myself from another post:
    The cease-fire from the first Gulf War was predicated on Saddam adhering to the UN resolutions, which he was ignoring.

Saddam's lack of cooperation made several foreign government suspect he was hiding WMD.

As Putin recently revealed, Saddam WAS discussing possible attacks against the United States. Russia also revealed, in an attempted compromise effort to prevent the war, that as a condition to avoid conflict, Saddam would be required to "dismantle and destroy all his weapons of mass destruction, that arsenal being checked against Russia’s lists" (per the DEBKA file). Note: If Russia has a LIST of Saddam's WDM, hmmm...he might actually have them.

The US gave Saddam a clear list of demands for Saddam to prevent possible action. Theses requirements were already established under UN resolutions that Saddam had agreed to. Saddam refused.

The US's demonstrated lack of will to enforce the UN resolutions up to this point had emboldened Saddam and others in the region. Iraq was our post-9-11 litmus test. Either we force Saddam to comply or we prove to the region that the US, the UN, and the coalition are powerless eunichs to be manipulated at will.

Saddam COULD have and SHOULD have prevented this war. Even John Kerry acknowledges this. Your hatred of Bush shouldn't blind you to the facts.
    You can read it all again if you wish to do so: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...9&page=1&pp=10

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast