• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What do you do to escape?

Share/Bookmark

Arrow What do you do to escape?

Hey, fellow GPOers!

What do you do to escape from the busy world we live in?

Me--I hang out here! I also just play my instruments for fun, not actual practice. This only works on weekends, but I also GPO. I don't know why, but I feel guilty when I GPO on a week day. It really sucks.

What about y'all?

-Chris

Re: What do you do to escape?

My wife and I go walking at the nature center.

Good air, healthy exercise, lots of plants and animals, no glass and steel, no concrete, no plastic, peaceful and inspirational setting.

Always makes us feel fine.

Chet

Hi cptexas,

I hang out here too. The best group on the net. I really enjoy the people here and listening to their music

And then I play board games:

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Hi cptexas,

I hang out here too. The best group on the net. I really enjoy the people here and listening to their music

And then I play board games:

You crack me up!

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    I don't know why, but I feel guilty when I GPO on a week day. It really sucks.

What about y'all?

-Chris
    I study counterpoint/composition/GPO every weekday morning...go to work for 12 hours...and then sleep on the weekends. Some weekends my son comes to visit and we play guitars or go out to eat (then I fall asleep on the sofa some more).

And no...I don't feel guilty ;-).

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    I study counterpoint/composition/GPO every weekday morning...go to work for 12 hours...and then sleep on the weekends. Some weekends my son comes to visit and we play guitars or go out to eat (then I fall asleep on the sofa some more).

And no...I don't feel guilty ;-).
    Now THAT'S the life!!
    (except for that whole deal about work for 12 hours)

-Chris

Escape? impossible!

Well, I'm a student, so at the moment I have a bit more time than others seem to have. I spend some of my time (unfortunately) playing "World of Warcraft", the only game that has interested me for several years, and I'm afraid I'm now addicted. It doesn't help that many of my fellow G.A.N.G. colleagues play as well

But besides that, I like to catch up on music/music tech news in magazines like Recording, Keyboard, Electronic Musician, Computer Music, Future Music, etc. I love going to stores like Borders too, so I can check out the books they have there on particular software, or music law, or various other interesting topics.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Talking Re: What do you do to escape?

I dress up like Gilligan and go get lost for a couple of days! Sometimes, I'll call Gary up and get him away from his busy schedule for a bit so he has time to chill and wash the pressure from his brain! Got to keep our skipper sane and happy and his creative juices flowing and developing!
    Most of the time I look, dream, read, search for ways to bring all of you a bit of happiness and laughter. Really ... < I'm waiting for this smiley thingy to start flying around and cutting prices around here!
    Styxx

Oh!
    And another thing I do is download MIDIs of my favorite peices, load them into Cakewalk, put a certain part in score mode, then get one of my instruments and play along with my virtual orchestra. This is most fun with instruments I know how to play, but aren't really that good at!

-Chris

Go Back to forum