• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vintaudio Yamaha C7 files corrupt

Share/Bookmark

Vintaudio Yamaha C7 files corrupt

I tried searching on this topic before posting, but all I got was a bunch of seemingly unrelated posts. Maybe I just need sleep...

I just installed (at last) the Vintaudio Yamaha C7 for Kontakt (Mac) tonight and tried firing it up in Kontakt 1.53. First I tried loading the Ambient patches, and here are my results:

For the patch "1-Yamaha C7 Ambient 6 Vel_.nki":

Kontakt reported: "Error parsing input file at line 30880: <parse error>. The loaded patch might be corrupt."

I clicked OK and got: "The patch could not be loaded <unknown error>."

For "3-Yamaha C7 Ambient 4 Vel_.nki":

Another alert: "Error parsing input file at line 23934: <parse error>. The loaded patch might be corrupt."

And for "4-Yamaha C7 Ambient 3 Vel_.nki":

Yet again: "Error parsing input file at line 20802: <parse error>. The loaded patch might be corrupt."

The Close Miked and Player Perspective files load up just fine, but three out of the four Ambient files are unusable. I've examined the DVD closely but it doesn't seem to be delaminated or damaged in any way.

Are any Kontakt for Mac users out there having a better time than me with this library, or is it just *my* files?

Kind regards.

Re: Vintaudio Yamaha C7 files corrupt

also do a seach on these forums for parsing

and email Vintaudio about your problem
    sales@vintaudio.com

some else having that problem:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meeks
    I've finaly just loaded a new drive to handle the Yamaha C7 I got in the Vintaudio group buy a while back. But, I keep getting this error when its 99% loaded:

ERROR parsing input file at line 32919
    <parse error>.
    The loaded patch might be corrupt.

Can you help me out? What does this mean? I've reloaded, but still get the error.
    The drive that its on is a slave, but I fail to see how that can really influence the .dll (kontakt) on the master drive.

meeks

Usually, this error occurs when you run out of RAM.

I had this problem - emailed vintaudio and they sent me an update that fixed it. Definitely email them.

Thanks for the responses, StrangeCat and eegee..

Right, I definitely need more sleep, since for some strange reason I had thought they'd gone out of business - the last email I sent them (some time in Dec. 04) was never answered.

This is definitely not caused by lack of RAM, since the second patch in the Ambient series is identical to the first (it just has a Flex Env added) and it loads just fine. And as I stated in my original post, all the others (Close Miked and Player Perspective) also load.

Thanks again.

Kind regards.

Just a small correction: my last email to Vintaudio was in Jan 05 and Frankie subsequently answered a query by me here and told me that Vintaudio had never received my initial email.

I've emailed them again today using the support link on the Vintaudio site. No response so far...and I really wanted to use this piano in an upcoming project :-(

Kind regards.

Dave - check your PM.

Just another update: Franky emailed me the corrected files first thing this morning and they work perfectly (thanks, Franky, for great service).

Also, thanks, eegee, for your help and advice.

Kind regards.

Go Back to forum