• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan's Harp & Different Key Glissandos in Sibelius

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Garritan's Harp & Different Key Glissandos in Sibelius

Garritan's harp is great and when using it in Sibelius you can create glissando lines easily. There's one problem though: When you go to "Create Line" and insert the "Glissando" line, the most that you can get the "gliss" to do to emulate the acoustics of a harp is play the white notes. You can't insert key signatures because the gliss won't adhere to them. In other words, you can't manipulate harp pedaling when working with Sibelius Glissandos. Any suggestions? Sibelius is such a kick-~~~ program in conjunction with GPO that this little "detail" is just driving me nuts.

Re: Garritan's Harp & Different Key Glissandos in Sibelius

Why not just enter a run with the specific pitches you want? That'd probably be faster than trying to get Sibelius to interpret a glissando line in the exact same way.

Just my .02
    JT

Re: Garritan's Harp & Different Key Glissandos in Sibelius

On the Sibelius forum at sibelius.com, many people have addressed the shortcomings of the current gliss implementations. What I have seen done most often is to notate the gliss correctly but make it non-playable, then create a staff, notate the gliss exactly as you want it to sound, then hide the staff. Voila! When the music is played via Sibelius, you have the sound you want and the notation you want...

Mark McDowell

Go Back to forum