• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO and EWQLSO

Share/Bookmark

GPO and EWQLSO

I'm always looking around for ways to expand upon and improve my virtual instrument library. I'm currently the proud owner of GPO, but I was considering also purchasing the Symphonic Orchestra Silver Edition to supplement it. I'm just wondering how it stacks up with GPO and if it would be worth the money to invest in it?

Re: GPO and EWQLSO

Quote Originally Posted by mscmixer
    I'm always looking around for ways to expand upon and improve my virtual instrument library. I'm currently the proud owner of GPO, but I was considering also purchasing the Symphonic Orchestra Silver Edition to supplement it. I'm just wondering how it stacks up with GPO and if it would be worth the money to invest in it?
    mscmixer,

The more you can add to the palette of sounds at your disposal the better. There are many GPO users that also use both EW Silver, Gold and Platinum editions. Demos had been posted that use both and they sound great together.

Gary Garritan

I will also add, that Kontakt2 comes bundled with a VSL collection of orch sounds..not sure exactly which VSL collection it is...a subset of some kind. But for me, that made the upgrade price worth it on that alone. I can now use that in conjunction with GPO and with Kontakt2 I get all the other editing features, convalution IR processor, etc..

The EWQL thing is on my list for someday. I can't afford it right now and I need to do more with GPO before i get side tracked on it..but I have some friends that love it...some things it does very well and in some ways is a little quicker to get ideas going than GPO. Combining the two is a great way to go.
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

The percussion in EWQLSO sounds good. The strings and everything else sounds better in GPO, though to me. But then again, that's just my personal opinion.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think I'll go for the EWQL as well. The thing I like most about Silver Edition is that it includes choir samples from VOTA, since I will probably never be able to afford a good choir otherwise, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mscmixer
    The thing I like most about Silver Edition is that it includes choir samples from VOTA, since I will probably never be able to afford a good choir otherwise, lol.
    I'm in a similiar situation, a confirmed and loyal GPO addict, but wanting a choir REALLY BAD! Does anyone here have any experience with the choir included with Silver Edition? Are there any user-produced mockups using it and, preferably, GPO that someone can point me towards? Any help on the subject of choirs is much appreciated.

thanks,
    jim
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by southportJim
    I'm in a similiar situation, a confirmed and loyal GPO addict, but wanting a choir REALLY BAD! Does anyone here have any experience with the choir included with Silver Edition? Are there any user-produced mockups using it and, preferably, GPO that someone can point me towards? Any help on the subject of choirs is much appreciated.

thanks,
    jim
    ;-)
    Hi there,

I have EWQLSO Silver. I like it a lot, it has some great sounds. However - I would think twice about buying it just for the choir sounds. It only has four choir patches - one male choir ah, crossswitching to oohs on the mod, and one male staccato 'ah'. Two of the same for female. The quality is not bad, but the flexibility is limited. I also have symphony of voices and this sounds better (to my ears) and has far more choir sounds!

Regards,
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by wayne_rowley
    Hi there,

I have EWQLSO Silver. I like it a lot, it has some great sounds. However - I would think twice about buying it just for the choir sounds. It only has four choir patches - one male choir ah, crossswitching to oohs on the mod, and one male staccato 'ah'. Two of the same for female. The quality is not bad, but the flexibility is limited. I also have symphony of voices and this sounds better (to my ears) and has far more choir sounds!

Regards,
    Wayne

Wayne,
    That's the kind of detail I was looking for...Thanks! I'll look around at some of the others (or maybe just wait for Gary's).

;-)
    jim

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use EWQLSO and GPO at the same time with only 1 sound card?

Yes, they work fine together.

Go Back to forum