• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Does the world really need more sampled pianos....

Share/Bookmark

Does the world really need more sampled pianos....

....sure it does!

SampleTekk brings you the Vertikal. The upright piano with a serious attitude!
    This baby rocks!

Check out these two demos:

Vertikal Demo 1
    Vertikal Demo 2

Some info:

The Instrument – Yamaha M5J Upright
    48 true samples per recorded note, 16 pedal up, 16 pedal down and 16 releasesamples.
    Recorded in 24 bit 44.1 kHz.
    Custom impulses captured to use in convoluting reverbs as GigaPulse or Kontakt 2 to emulate pedal down and piano resonance
    Two different perspectives recorded giving you a choice of two different pianosounds
    Planned releasedate: 1:st of June.
    Price: Not yet set.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: Does the world really need more sampled pianos....

....sure it does!

If you say so!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

I'm afraid that the demos both sound a bit limp to me; maybe that's the sound that you're going for. Also the Joplin is far too fast; Ragtime is not supposed to be played like this (no matter what the common mis-conception is). Sorry to be so negative, but I have to call it as I see it (hear it, probably).

Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl
    I'm afraid that the demos both sound a bit limp to me; maybe that's the sound that you're going for. Also the Joplin is far too fast; Ragtime is not supposed to be played like this (no matter what the common mis-conception is). Sorry to be so negative, but I have to call it as I see it (hear it, probably).

Daryl
    Well, it doesn't sound as your "normal" big 9 feet grand pianos, cause it isn't! It's an upright and it should sound like that.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "limp", but maybe you could explain.
    I agree on the ragtime. Mostly they are played to fast.
    No problem with negative opinions, all opinions, positive or negative are welcome, as long as they are constructive!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Hi Worra, good luck with your new release. I really liked the second demo, sounds just like the real thing ! It has a very strange character.. takes you back in time , know what i mean ? Well done

Something OT :

I always wanted to ask : Who wrote the "Typewriter" marimba demo ? That thing is stuck in my mind for ages now ( Toukoutouroutou-toutouroutou-toutou-t KLAK~! ) Very clever idea whoever wrote it.
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Great job Worra, sounds fantastic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodor
    Hi Worra, good luck with your new release. I really liked the second demo, sounds just like the real thing ! It has a very strange character.. takes you back in time , know what i mean ? Well done

Something OT :

I always wanted to ask : Who wrote the "Typewriter" marimba demo ? That thing is stuck in my mind for ages now ( Toukoutouroutou-toutouroutou-toutou-t KLAK~! ) Very clever idea whoever wrote it.
    Hi Theodor.

Yes, it was produced to sound as "upright" as possible. The recorded impulses used in Gigapulse really adds character to the piano, but you can use it without those to get a dryer sound.

The "Typewriter" was composed by Leroy Anderson (http://www.leroy-anderson.com)
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by football
    Great job Worra, sounds fantastic to me.
    Thanks!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    I'm not sure what you mean by "limp", but maybe you could explain.
    I was probably misled by the "hype" in the original post, but I found the sound to have a limited dynamic range and no edge to it at all. I have played many upright pianos as well as grands and I do know some uprights that sound like the demos, so in that respect it is good :>) However I wouldn't describe the sound as having attitude and it certainly doesn't rock (IMO)!

Daryl

Worra - sounds like my uncle's old piano used to, it was great hearing that sound again - thanks.

Best of luck with the new release.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast