• Register
  • Help

Topic: OH NO NOT SIXTEEN KIDS PLAYING GUITAR!

Share/Bookmark

Talking OH NO NOT SIXTEEN KIDS PLAYING GUITAR!

NOT ALL AT ONCE! What happened to the out of tune saxophone? I was just starting to get used to those whale call mating sounds and they decide to have sixteen kids play guitars all at once! WHAT ARE THEY NUTS?
    OH MY GOD THEY HAVE THE ART TEACHER TEACHING, “IF I HAD A HAMMER.” Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thank god they ... wait ... no not the tuba not the tuba! Time for lunch...
    Styxx

Re: OH NO NOT SIXTEEN KIDS PLAYING GUITAR!

Heheh, I'm transferring within my school system, and most of the schools I'm interviewing at will require me to teach guitar in addition to whatever ensembles I'm directing. No problem, as I can play enough guitar to teach beginners, but whew, it seems like quite a lot to handle. Supposedly some of the guitar classes will be upwards of 30 students. Yikes.

chris.

Just back in from lunch and we now have saxophone whale calls for an after lunch treat!
    Good luck with your interviews. Just stay away from schools like this one. Baidt!
    Styxx

Just finished teaching 10 beginning oboe students at the same time (music education majors). Now that is PAIN! I spend most of my time behind them.

Peace

Rik

whew! I hope you use earlpugs

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    When I got a scholarship on oboe to Interlochen the summer before 10th grade, the orchestra was so big that we actually DID have 10 oboes! Yikes! We were all-state musicians, though, so in retrospect it could have been a lot worse!

Ern
    Ern:

Big difference there, you guys could play! I wouldn't mind teaching that orchestra! I would even stand in front of you guys!

Peace

Rik

Go Back to forum