• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Sound Card...

Share/Bookmark

New Sound Card...

I'm about to get a new sound card... yet again $. I was told by West L.A. Music' here in CA. what the best one was, however, I want to hear from Giga users, specifically folkes that record in 24-bit/96kHz.

Re: New Sound Card...

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker 4001
    I'm about to get a new sound card... yet again $. I was told by West L.A. Music' here in CA. what the best one was, however, I want to hear from Giga users, specifically folkes that record in 24-bit/96kHz.
    RME HDSP 9652, perfect choice, no hassle card.

GYang

Best for what? The number of I/O? The type of I/O? Clocking features? Clean recording? Sound quality for playback? Value?

There are lots of solutions that might be best, but it depends on application and budget.

Sorry if that sounds snippy. If you tell us what you need, you'll get the best advice.

-JF

Message to JonF - Best card in sound quality and clocking.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Best for what? The number of I/O? The type of I/O? Clocking features? Clean recording? Sound quality for playback? Value?

There are lots of solutions that might be best, but it depends on application and budget.

Sorry if that sounds snippy. If you tell us what you need, you'll get the best advice.

-JF
    By the way, I noticed there are not analog outputs on that card. So I assume to use this card you would have to have a lot more hardware just to hear what is coming out of the card.
    This card would seem fine for a professional studio, but it seems like it is out of the realm for most hobbyists unlike Delta or Echo cards.

Go Back to forum