• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Group Buy Reaches Lowest Level! $139

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up GPO Group Buy Reaches Lowest Level! $139

GPO Group Buy Reaches Lowest Level! $139

This is incredible! In just ten days we received over 200 subscriptions and we are now at the lowest price point!

Thank you all for your support!

Gary Garritan

Re: GPO Group Buy Reaches Lowest Level! $139

unreal !

dpDan

Everybody! Buy it NOW while it's this low if you ain't got it already!!

Talking Re: GPO Group Buy Reaches Lowest Level! $139

I don't know Gary. Not once did I see that little yellow guy flying around slashing prices! Maybe he's under contract?
    Styxx

Congrats to Gary and the customers for this brilliant move!

If I did not already own Gpo, I would've bought it immediately! such ama amazing bargain for my most beloved sample library....
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Thanks guys!

Busy day today! The word must be out that the lowest price was reached.

THE GPO GROUP BUY CURRENT COUNT:

Date:
    May 20, 2005

Number of Buyers: 261
    Current Price: $139
    Days left: 19 Days

Smile Re: GPO Group Buy Reaches Lowest Level! $139

Thank you to you, Gary!!
    This is a beautiful library!!

Best,
    Roberto

I really have to say that Gary constitutes the absolute pinnacle in customer service. Never saw anything like it in my whole life. And I did business all around the world. Bravo.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Smile Happy to be new GPO user soon... and CP comment

Hi Gary,

Glad to be getting in on this product. This is the deal that I have been waiting for!

A couple remarks concerning your concern of piracy. I agree with what others have said regarding this issue, CP only hurts the users you are trying to serve. I have been buying music software products since my college days about 14-15 years ago. This is what has impressed me enough to go buy a product and more importantly to continually upgrade it (in my own experience):

1. a belief in the company and largely the person(s) behind the company
    2. the belief that what I got in return for my purchase was a bargain
    3. the promise of what the future holds

The last, the most subtle, is also the most important, one which probably happens more at an unconcious level. Interestingly, I pretty much make purchasing decisions for all intellectial property and media using these principles, especially the last. If I buy a CD of some band I like (Mark Knopfler, U2, Allison Krause, Nickel Creek, Coldplay) it is not only because I love the offering but have a want to support the artist. Their success is so apparent that I am more than happy to support them with the thought that "the carrot at the end of the stick" is an even cooler offering.

If I had to make a psychological argument, which I shouldn't but...
    The majority of the world are worker bees. They value their self worth based on the fruit of their immediate labor. I am no exception. Intellectual property and media is fuzzy (to me at least) because that IP was the fruit of someone's past labor. Therefore, to sell somebody the fruits of their past labor is to sell them the promise of what their present labor can reap in the future (which is all the more enticing).

If you can do that you will have a dedicated following that is happy to respect your IP and continually support you and your company.

<caveat> Maybe someone can teach this secret to RIAA and their music media mogul monkeys before trying to pawn off another worthless Elton John or Eric Clapton Greatest Hits album or attempt to immortalize some new one hit wonder do-boy/girl. </caveat>

On another note I disagree with some of the comments about privatizing the forums and calling into question one's dodgy computers (sorry Houston). As a professional in the software industry I know that it is my duty for my stuff to work w/o question and w/o excuses. I have no personal experience with dongles but if there was evidence that called into question a device for any relevant platform, I personally would give special consideration before going that route and compliment it with a liberal return policy. Otherwise treading into these waters is treading into elitist attitudes as well.

I apologize for the strong opinions.
    v/r,
    Ryan

P.S. Regarding the group buy. I am very excited to receive it. Since for all intents and purposes the incentive period is over, why not start shipping immediately instead of waiting until the Group Buy period is over? If you are worried that can effect group sales I have no qualms with it just mysteriously showing up on my doorstep 2 weeks early than expected!

Thumbs up Re: GPO Group Buy Reaches Lowest Level! $139

Oh well, I was waiting for it to reach a $1.380 but I guess at this price it's well worth it. Now, where's that last dollar or mine and change?
    You know I am just pulling your lower left appendage, right?
    Congratulations to all who got into the group buy!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum