• Register
  • Help

Topic: Missing something OBVIOUS!

Share/Bookmark

Missing something OBVIOUS!

Just cross-graded from GPO Kontakt 1.5x player to full Kontakt 2. Whereas the player has a very simple and direct way of setting the OUTPUT (stereo pair) I don't seem to see the same in Kontakt 2. All instruments are going to 1/2.

I've looked in the Index of the Operations Manual and the only entry for "Routing" or "Route" pertains to the "Audio Setup".

Any guidance greatly appreciated. Is this function truly "buried" somewhere?

KevinKauai

Banned

Re: Missing something OBVIOUS!

you first have to configure in 'output' how many stereo-outs you want (you probably have only one stereo output at the moment). klick on 'output', next to 'browser' on top of kontakt2. then on 'add channel' in the mixer of kontakt2. create as many channels as you need.
    if you have more then one stereo-output, you can choose in the instrument, which one you want to assign to it.

i didn't find it as well in the beginning, but its fairly simple, once one knows how to do it.

have fun!

Talking Re: Missing something OBVIOUS!

Thanks, zonobono! That was exactly it! (Perhaps I should have put 2 and 2 together and found "Output", but the slightly confusing factor was that when I fired up an instance of Kontakt 2 in Cubase SX, it gave me a collection of outputs in the Mixer, so naturally I assumed they were somehow pre-configured. This is definitely a case for making a Template as a starting point which I shall do on my SECOND day of having full Kontakt 2.)

Does anyone know of any Tutorials that are provided to step through sample manipulation (and doing such things as creating Keyswitches and the like)? Steinberg has a series of Tutorials and it looks to me like the Kontakt 2 "Operation Manual" probably has all the "facts" but it appears to be presented in a such a way that is far from a stepwise approach.

Any hints and/or suggestions greatly appreciated!

KevinKauai

Re: Missing something OBVIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKauai
    Thanks, zonobono! That was exactly it! (Perhaps I should have put 2 and 2 together and found "Output", but the slightly confusing factor was that when I fired up an instance of Kontakt 2 in Cubase SX, it gave me a collection of outputs in the Mixer, so naturally I assumed they were somehow pre-configured. This is definitely a case for making a Template as a starting point which I shall do on my SECOND day of having full Kontakt 2.)
    I went through the same thing when I first fired K2 up. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get the extra outs to work. Once I realized I thought, duh, what a bonehead...
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Go Back to forum