• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Craft (part 2)

Share/Bookmark

The Craft (part 2)

Here it is, part 2...again, the rendering isn't perfect...GPO advanced will bring everything to light...some percussion is imported...around 1:31, that's a cymbal being scraped with a coin - i actually went to the studio my roommate works at to record it...and so:

http://joshuavinci.150m.com/the%20cr...%202%20mp3.mp3

Re: The Craft (part 2)

Same comments as in The Craft (part 1), Josh... very skilled use of the orchestra... (and now, I'm looking in the closets at night, too).

Was that a Canadian or an American quarter scraping the cymbal, by the way?

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Josh:

What a pleasure to listen to your compositions. They are imaginative, well constructed, and you really understand how to produce an audio product.

Outstanding!

John
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

david...actually, it was a good old american dime!...i recorded several coins several times - a quarter, dime, and penny (all american currency...would have had to scrape like one and a quarter times with canadian money to get the same effect little currency exchange joke) and liked the dime the best...i wouldn't worry about your closets - i'd search the kitchen - where a witch would brew her ghoulish concoctions <--i like that!

john...it's a pleasure receiving your comments and compliments...i appreciate your time for listening! thank you.

josh

I'll tell ya, the exchange rates have really had a depressing effect on Canadian cymbal players.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I'll tell ya, the exchange rates have really had a depressing effect on Canadian cymbal players.
    LOL...too funny

Thumbs up Re: The Craft (part 2)

Good modern composing, nice orchestration.

This is wonderful stuff Josh! Dark and compelling. Beautifully realised as well, it sounds just fantastic. Thanks for sharing. Gives us lesser mortals something to aim at

Something under my bed is drooling (Calvin and Hobbes reference ). And now it's grabbed hold of me and ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is some creepy music. And completely fantastic! Definitely would cause me to be creeped out in a theatre (heck, it caused me to be creeped out in my own living room!).

Excellent!

- Michael
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

thank you, michael!...i hope you can get back to some normal sleep

Go Back to forum