• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Advanced vs. The World....

Share/Bookmark

GPO Advanced vs. The World....

Hey y'all how's it going?

OK, now call me stupid or whateva you wanna call me but I have some questions about GPO Advanced.

OK, how will it compare to the current version? I mean, what's it gonna have in it and how much better than the standard is it going to be?

Are the sounds gonna somehow be enhanced, or are they gonna just add MORE of them? Although I'm not sure how they can make the sounds any better than they are I'm just curious.

Are they just gonna add more instruments or are they gonna add more articulations for each one as well?

Is GPO Advanced gonna use a different player or will it use the same current one?

Once GPO Advanced comes out, will updates be made to the standard one still?

How will GPO advanced compare to other libraries that are out?

Will GPO Advanced be more CPU heavy and require more RAM than the current one?

That's all my questions, if y'all don't wanna answer I won't bug y'all no more. See y'all later!

Re: GPO Advanced vs. The World....

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Reeves

OK, now call me stupid or whateva you wanna call me but I have some questions about GPO Advanced.

OK, how will it compare to the current version? I mean, what's it gonna have in it and how much better than the standard is it going to be?

Are the sounds gonna somehow be enhanced, or are they gonna just add MORE of them? Although I'm not sure how they can make the sounds any better than they are I'm just curious.

Are they just gonna add more instruments or are they gonna add more articulations for each one as well?

Is GPO Advanced gonna use a different player or will it use the same current one?

That's all my questions, if y'all don't wanna answer I won't bug y'all no more. See y'all later!

Yeah...what he said.
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Reeves

You must really like the word y'all!

Gary's being pretty secrative about it right now, but I'll try to answer as many questions as I can.
    It will use the same Kontakt GPO player.
    It will be GPO plus a BUNCH more instruments, which means that it'll only be heavier on your RAM and CPU if you want to do the Wagner thing with orchestras over 1000. (Imagine enseamble building with that!! ) There will be more articulations added to current instruments as well as the new instruments having lots of articulations.

That's about the best I can do for ya. Maybe Gary will disclose some more info soon.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    You must really like the word y'all!

-Chris
    ...and your point is?
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

GPO Advanced will take GPO to a whole new level!

I hear it will include saxophone.

My guess is that Advanced will utilize the modeling technology that his solo violin will use, bringing realism to a whole new level.
    Steve Hanlon, guitarist/composer
    Logic 7, PowerMac DP 2.0 (8- RAM slot model), 4GB RAM, OS 10.4.11
    UAD-1 Ultra Pak
    Lots of V.I. and sound effects
    Apogee Rosetta 200
    Great River ME-1NV
    Blue Sky Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Marty
    I hear it will include saxophone.

My guess is that Advanced will utilize the modeling technology that his solo violin will use, bringing realism to a whole new level.
    OMG I hope so!!!!

-Chris

EDIT: on second thought, if Gary hasen't even finished a string quartet--4 instruments, then I seriously doubt that he'll have a full symphony orchestra, concert band, and marching band--probably well over 100 instruments finished by the time he hopes to have GPOA out.
    But that's just something to look foreward to for next year!!

Go Back to forum