• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO and GarageBand under Tiger

Share/Bookmark

GPO and GarageBand under Tiger

I've been using GPO mostly with Sibelius, but I wanted to try it with GarageBand. I tried getting to work using the tutorial that is on this web site, but when I get to the point where you click on the Edit button--after choosing GPO as the generator--nothing happens. At that point, the Kontakt window is supposed to come up so I can load in a sample. But nothing happens.

I should mention that GPO works fine in Sibelius, Overture, and Metro. I installed VST and AU plugins.

Has anyone experienced this? (Or has a solution?) I'm running Tiger 1.4.1 on a PowerMac Dual 2.7 G5.

Thanks!
    Scott

Re: GPO and GarageBand under Tiger

Hi Scott,

I too have Tiger and have noticed your problem. Here's the fix:
    Once you have selected GPO as the generator in the "edit track" window, and nothing happens, Go ahead and select "create" button and that will get you back to the main window. Then double click on the instrument you just created and you will see your "Edit Track" window again. You will notice that next to the pull down menu that shows "Garritan Personal Orchestra", you will see (should see) a "Manual" pull down menu. Next to that you should see an "edit" button (looks like a pencil) Click that and your GPO Kontakt window appears.
    It is a pain to have to do that twice, I know - but it works.

ANOTHER ANNOYING THING HAPPENING: You must now HOLD DOWN the mouse (or in your case trackpad) button while attempting to select what GPO insstrument you want in the Kontakt Window. I am sure there are a lot more quirks with this as well. But I haven't really delved into GB as much with GPO as I have with Tracktion.

Good luck with things!!!

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Jerry--

Thanks for the tip! It works...and I could start playing around with GPO in GarageBand for a while. As you said, it's a bit annoying that you have to do it twice, but it seems that you only have to do it once for creating an instrument--once I've saved it, then it's just a matter of selecting it.

I have Logic 7.1 on order (academic discount) so I'll be able to make more full use of it then.

Cheers,
    Scott

Scott,

No Problem! And WELCOME to the forum! This is a GREAT place to come for ideas, feeback on your music and just a very supportive and fun place to be!!

Looking forward to hearing your music!!

Jerry Wickham

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

I've become my brand new iMac G5, but I can't see the Kontakt player appear in GarageBand! I read the reply by Jerry, but it doesn't work. With my old G3 iBook I've no problem!

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MacMatt
    I've become my brand new iMac G5, but I can't see the Kontakt player appear in GarageBand! I read the reply by Jerry, but it doesn't work. With my old G3 iBook I've no problem!

Matt
    Matt,

Is GPO passing the AU validation in your new Mac? This week we expect an upgrade from Native Insturments for better Tiger compatitibility.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Matt,

Is GPO passing the AU validation in your new Mac? This week we expect an upgrade from Native Insturments for better Tiger compatitibility.

Gary Garritan
    Sorry, I don't know what the Au validation is. I work with Tiger and I installed today Logic Express 7.1. GPO works fine as standalone and with Finale (PO Studio), but not with GarageBand nor with Logic (I don't know how to find GPO there). GPO works, but not in these applications.

Thank You for your help!

Matt

I've tried with GarageBand 1 with Tiger: it recognizes GPO! Only GarageBand 2 and Logic 7.1 don't work. That means that I installed GPO correctly.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MacMatt
    I've tried with GarageBand 1 with Tiger: it recognizes GPO! Only GarageBand 2 and Logic 7.1 don't work. That means that I installed GPO correctly.

Matt
    Hi Matt,

I am not sure what the problem is, but I have Garageband2 and it seems to work just fine with GPO for me.

I use Tracktion, not Logic, so I can't speak for that.

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!

Smile Re: GPO and GarageBand under Tiger

Oh oh...

For Logic, I'm not alone:

http://northernsounds.com/forum/show...ight=logic+gpo

Here Steve's suggestion:

"Go here in Logic and see if you can see the plug-in. MAke sure it is checked. Then it should show up in your list."

It works!
    Thank You!
    Matt

Go Back to forum