• Register
  • Help

Topic: Easy Auditioning of RMX Grooves in Host

Share/Bookmark

Easy Auditioning of RMX Grooves in Host

Forgive me if I have missed the obvious but how does one audition different grooves while the host is also playing without having to drag them into the host?
    I see that as the final bit once you have chosen a groove but with so many grooves, you really need a quick and easy way of hearing how they sit against the rest of the track. Obviously it is laborious to keep dragging grooves into the host just for auditioning purposes. Am I perhaps being too idealistic?

Cheers!
    screentan

Banned

Re: Easy Auditioning of RMX Grooves in Host

just doubleclick on the name of the groove you want to listen (in the list on the right side), and it will automatically start to play.
    you dont have to drag the midifile into your host, do that only when you decide to keep a groove in your arrangement.

hope that helps

Even a single click will do it :-)

Did you watch the tutorial Overview video?

spectrum

Yeah, I've watched all the tutorials twice and they've been great.

I can get RMX to play using the methods you both mentioned but only RMX plays, the host does not play along at the same time unless I drag the midi files to a track and play the host (Cubase SX3). What I wanted to know was if there is a way to get the host to play along with RMX while you just click through and try various grooves in RMX. I find I sometimes don't even try certain loops as I don't think they will work with the rest of the track but from experience some of my best results have been serendipity, where I've used a loop I didn't intend to.

Did you try the Cubase play button...that will make the host play. Then, audition the RMX grooves using the RMX browser. But, no, you can't control the host transport from a plugin.

- Glenn

Thanks! That's exactly what I'm after. Can't believe I didn't think to try it that way around...

Go Back to forum