• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't post URL

Share/Bookmark

Can't post URL

Let me first introduce myself: I am dutch, 71 years old retired computer systems programmer, interested in music with some musical building in my late teens, early twenties, long ago. I own GPO since half a year and I love it. I played with it and with Overture and in my opinion I reached the moment to ask the forum 1 minute 23 seconds from their time to listen to the results of my effort (Bach's badinerie) and to critize it, to give feedback so I can learn from it.
    But I cannot put a link to my URL in the post. I hilite the name, click the hyperlink button and enter the URL. The error message says: "Your Post contains one or more URLs, please remove them before submitting your message again."
    I tried it several times but without result.
    This is not the first post about this problem, I know, but reading the others didn't help me to solve it.
    My posting rules are:
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may edit your posts

In my opinion it is all correct.

Is there some nice person who can help me, please?
    Thanks in advance.

Gerard.

Re: Can't post URL

Quote Originally Posted by GerardR
    Let me first introduce myself: I am dutch, 71 years old retired computer systems programmer, interested in music with some musical building in my late teens, early twenties, long ago. I own GPO since half a year and I love it. I played with it and with Overture and in my opinion I reached the moment to ask the forum 1 minute 23 seconds from their time to listen to the results of my effort (Bach's badinerie) and to critize it, to give feedback so I can learn from it.
    But I cannot put a link to my URL in the post. I hilite the name, click the hyperlink button and enter the URL. The error message says: "Your Post contains one or more URLs, please remove them before submitting your message again."
    I tried it several times but without result.
    This is not the first post about this problem, I know, but reading the others didn't help me to solve it.
    My posting rules are:
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may edit your posts

In my opinion it is all correct.

Is there some nice person who can help me, please?
    Thanks in advance.

Gerard.
    Gerard,

What happens when you just post the URL without the hyperlink? Could you post the entire URL in this thread and see if it works. Also check your user settings and maybe something is toggled.

If you want you can send me the file and I can host and link it. Looking forward to hearing your Bach rendition.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Gerard,

What happens when you just post the URL without the hyperlink? Could you post the entire URL in this thread and see if it works. Also check your user settings and maybe something is toggled.

If you want you can send me the file and I can host and link it. Looking forward to hearing your Bach rendition.

Gary Garritan
    Thanks Gary for your quick response. I posted the entire URL in the thread with the same result. There are no toggled settings in my user profile, nothing unusual.
    Yes, I'll send you the file. For the moment that's a good solution. I hope I can post URLs normally in the future.

Gerard.

Quote Originally Posted by GerardR
    Yes, I'll send you the file. For the moment that's a good solution. I hope I can post URLs normally in the future.

Gerard.
    Gary, I've found an other solution. I put my URL in my signature, so everyone who is interested can go to my site and click the link to my rendition. In my opinion that is quite simple.
    Thanks again.

Gerard

I read in another thread that you cannot include URLs until you have 5 posts to your credit. Hopefully this is the case.

Go Back to forum